Chapter 5

Ethan sat with his legs crossed, silently reading a book. Last nights party to reveal the duchess was a disaster, but he honestly found it fun and amusing. Seeing that woman drenched in water and shivering from the ice made him nearly laugh at the sight. But, what scared him most was his mothers magic nearly going out of control.  He's seen Ethan's memories after he ended up in this kids body, Tulip has had nightmares before which resulted in some dark magic being cast accidentally. "What should I do about the damn duke?"Ethan wonders out loud. He had never read this in the little manhwa version of the novel, there had been no Tulip and the duke would've ended up with that ugly cocubine woman he had around. He didn't know what this was or why things were suddenly like this but he had a sure guess about it.

Alternate Universes.

There were many alternate universes.

Some good and Some bad

Seems like he landed in an alternate universe where the duke found Tulip before the wench his daughter was so close to arrived. "Why couldn't it have been the original.."Ethan sighed shaking his head. He didn't mean that. He was relieved this was the body he ended up in. He had a mother who loved him and siblings who cherished his company despite being afraid of him due to his sudden change. "Big brother!" Speak of the devil. Here they come. Isis and Aisha ran in, wide smiles on their faces. "Brother, come play with us!"Isis beamed grabbing his sleeve. "Alright"Ethan chuckles looking at the two. He hopped down from his chair, letting the two drag him away to wherever they wanted him to go to. "Be careful!"Tulip chuckles as the trio ran past. "Yes Mother!" The three kids ran outside, Azure smiling at them in amusement. Aisha ran to the garden, a wide smile on her face as she went straight to the Tulips. "I like tulips because of mother!"Isis beamed touching the bud of the flower.

Ethan patted his siblings head, a small smile on his face as he watched them poke the buds of the flowers and stroke the leaves. "Careful, don't pull the flower out, you'll hurt it"Ethan remind loosening Aisha's grip on the tulip. He stared, feeling this as some sort of ominous warning for the future and it was starting to make him nervous. The quickness Aisha had when grabbing the tulip made him hope nothing bad was gonna happen with his mother and sister. He was probably thinking too much into this now. Everything was making him jumpy. His father. That wretched woman. His silly older sister. "Man..."Ethan sighs getting Azure's attention. "You okay, young master?"Azure asks placing her hands on her knees as she bent over. Commotion got their attention, Ethan's eyes widening in alarm as he looked over. A large wolf charged at Isis, his younger brother frozen with wide eyes. "Isis!"Azure gasped. Ethan's leg flew up, roundhouse kicking the wolf and slamming it snout first into the ground, his eyes glowing.

The sheer audacity this wolf had. Going for his brother. It deserved to die. They all deserved to die. His father. His sister. That woman. If he had to be the villain of this story, so be it. He was gonna make sure his family stayed safe and keep them from being humiliated. "Waste of space...all of them"Ethan mutters lowering his leg. Azure and the guards chasing the wolf all stared in shock, looking startled. "What's going on?!" Tulip rushed out and screamed at the sight of the wolf, rushing over to her children. "A wolf made its way in!"Azure informs Tulip looking at her alarmed. "Mommy!" Isis clung to her dress, starting to cry, Aisha hiding behind her mother alarmed. "Are you okay?!"Tulip demanded cupping his face in her hands. Isis wailed, clinging to her when she hugged him and Aisha tight in relief. Ethan stared at the wolf, feeling somewhat pleased at the sight of its broken snout. "ETHAN!" He turned, his eyes widening as his mother hugged him. "Baby, are you okay?"Tulip asks checking him.

He simply smiled in response and nodded, his mother hugging him once again. Tulip looked at the guards, her eyes narrowed. "How'd that wolf get through my protection barrier?!"Tulip demands getting to her feet. "Duchess-"Melesis starts apologetically. "Someone let that wolf in and whoever did better step forward in three days!"Tulip yells rage showing on her face. He looked up at her, having rarely seen her angry like this. She turned, ushering her kids towards the mansion. "That was my fault." Her head whipped towards the voice, her eyes widening in alarm. Phileo bowed his head, kneeling down in front of her. Ethan stared him down, feeling the urge to strangle his father. He couldn't do that now of course. His hands were too small to wrap around his throat. A shame, really. "The wolf got in somehow and we were chasing it down, when I attacked it I hit your barrier and accidentally gave it an opening to enter"Phileo explains looking up at her. "You are a duke...stand up"Tulip huffed her eyes narrowing. 

He rose to his feet, keeping his eyes on her. "I saw what Ethan did..."Phileo went on looking proud. He extended a hand to the boy, a small smile on his face. "You have good reflexes, agility and muscle..."Phileo praised nodding to him. Ethan flinched as the man patted his head, startled by the warm feeling welling up inside him. "You must've done some secret training, you have good control of your ability." Ethan glanced up at him, then looked down. He hadn't trained at all. When he attacked the wolf, he just trusted his body and struck it down. "Thank you"Ethan forced out grumbling. Phileo nodded, ruffling his hair. "I can send you guards"Phileo offers turning his attention back to Tulip. She sighed, touching the crown of her head, knowing he wasn't gonna let up now that he could force some guards upon her. "Very well, send ten guards, no more than that"Tulip bargains lowering her hand. He nodded in agreement to the deal, then gave Ethan another nod before walking away. "Keep protecting your own like that." Ethan stared after him, wondering what this strange warmth was.