Chapter 4

Azure brushed Ethan's hair, Ethan scowling at the mirror annoyed. "Done!"Azure beamed. Ethan climbed down off the chair, annoyed that he has to attend a stupid noble party. He really didn't wanna go, he'd rather stay locked up in this mansion with his books and siblings rather than see that bastard dukes face for hours. "Do I really have to attend?"Ethan demands.  "Yes"Tulip sighed fixing the bow in Aisha's hair. "Come"Tulip beckons. She held Aisha's and Isis' hand, Ethan trailing after her looking down irritated. "Have fun, My lady!"Azure smiled waving as she watched them go. She shut the doors behind them, Tulip picking Aisha up, carrying her with one arm, Isis still holding her hand. "Everyone, when we get there, we be polite and greet the guests with sincerity"Tulip reminds eyeing her eldest son. Ethan grumbled, looking away. "Yes mother"Ethan sighed.

Phileo stood with Leonia, perking up when the doors opened. His eyes widened, staring as Tulip walked in, her hair draped over her left shoulder, pearls draped around her head and waist. "Duke Boleoti"Tulip greets. "Duchess Boleoti"Phileo greets his cheeks flushed pink. He took her hand, turning to the ground. "The Duchess of the Boleoti Household!"Phileo announces. Tulip held her hand up, removing the disguises off of her children. Silenced filled the air, shocked eyes on the three kids stunned. "Thank you all for having us, we hope you enjoy the party"Tulip thanks. She walked away, the triplets following closely behind her in order to not get separated from the woman. "Mama, it feels suffocating in here"Isis says gripping her dress. She looked around, holding her sons hands, then walked up the stairs, feeling her son relax when they left the crowded downstairs. "Better, brother?"Ethan asks concerned. "Yes!"Isis nodded looking relieved.

"I'll be down here if any of you need me, don't worry alright...."Tulip says. Ethan leaned against the rail, looking down at the party with narrowed eyes, spotting his mother among the crowd instantly. He didn't like this. He didn't wanna run into the dukes little cocubine or his spoiled little brat. If he did he'd snap instantly. "Brother, you're scowling again." Aisha stared up at him concerned, Ethan's expression softening. "I'm alright, just worried about how this night might go, I'll be alright"Ethan chuckled. "Look at Mommy!" Ethan turned, finding Tulip on the dance floor, a small smile appearing on his face at the sight of how happy and stress free she looked. That's all he wanted, for his mother to relax and just be happy with them, taking care of them until they were old enough to care for themselves. Except the damned duke ruined everything, their happiness, their mothers heart, and had the damn audacity to command his mother like a soldier.

"What are you kids doing up here?" Ethan felt something snap at the voice, turning his head sharply to see Baria standing there. "Come on!"Ethan commands grabbing his siblings hands, dragging them down the stairs. "Ah, wait!" Ethan snarled, his eyes glowing from his boiling anger. "Ethan, baby, what's wrong?" His head shot up, staring at his mother, a concerned look on the womans face. "Sweetheart.."Tulip blinked Ethan's body staring to relax at the sound of her voice. "Lady Tulip." Tulip looked up, staring at Baria, placing Ethan behind her understanding why her sons eyes were glowing just now. "Lady Baria"Tulip greets bowing her head. "Duchess, don't bow your head to me"Baria says. A smile came her way, Tulip looking confused. "Duke Phileo has been searching everywhere for you, he didn't sleep for two weeks once and started seeing illusions of you all around him"Baria explains. "I...I don't wish to talk about this"Tulip mutters her arms trembling.

She didn't need to hear this, she didn't wanna hear from others about how long the duke had been searching for her. It played with her head, since she still couldn't be sure if Phileo and Baria held feelings for each other and he just searched for her out of guilt that she'd have to take care of three kids alone. A dark mist started coming from her finger tips, Ethan's eyes widening in alarm knowing what was happening. He ran off and grabbed something metal, running back looking desperate. "GET AWAY!" He tossed a bucket of water and ice on Baria, shocking the woman. "Baria!"Leonia gasped running over startled, Phileo hurrying over. Tulip fell to her knees, looking startled, the black mist fading away. "Tulip!" Her eyes darted up, finding Phileo kneeling down beside her, gripping her hand. "Are you alright?!"Phileo demands. "Me and my kids better return back to our mansion..."Tulip suggests quietly, snatching her hand back. She shakily got up and walked away with her kids trailing after her, her expression darkening.