Chapter 3

Tulip glared at Phileo, narrowing her eyes. "Remove the disguises"Phileo orders. "I'M NOT ONE OF YOUR SOLDERS!! WATCH YOUR MOUTH WHEN SPEAKING TO ME!!"Tulip spat startling him. "NOW TAKE THESE SOLDIERS AND MAIDS AND LEAVE!!"Tulip snapped. She ushered her children inside, Ethan looking back at Phileo silently glaring at the man. The doors slammed shut, Tulip trembling. "Ethan..what did you do.."Azure demands. Ethan looked down guilt showing on his face. "He came in last night, I got angry with him because you were sad Mom...I-I'm sorry"Ethan says starting to cry. Tulip hugged him, falling to her knees, tears falling down her cheeks. "Don't you dare apologize, it's my fault for putting that pressure on you, don't apologize..please don't ever apologize for my mistake"Tulip mutters. She moved back, her hands resting on his shoulder. "Thank you for trying to protect me, Ethan"Tulip smiled.

"I'll always protect you, Mommy! I'll always keep you, Isis and Aisha safe!"Ethan swore seriously. She smiled at him, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Mom"Ethan says. She perked up, noticing Ethan's expression. "Make a contract with Duke Boleoti!"Ethan insists. A contract. She never thought about doing that at all when she arrived back here. Making a deal with Phileo, she could add any condition she wanted, in which there were a few she needed in order to keep her kids safe from people who'd wanna use them to their advantage or hold them hostage. The one reason she didn't do it was because of the woman roaming around the area, who even had the sheer audacity to come near this mansion. Ethan stared up at her, then gripped his mothers arms, grounding her when he noticed her trembling. "Mother, don't think, just do"Ethan advises gently. "Right, Azure will watch you three"Tulip nodded. She turned, hurrying away, Ethan staring after her.

"Let's go play.."Ethan insists his face emotionless. He bit his nail, hoping this would work and keep those bastards at a distance. "Ethan! Let's play tea party!"Aisha beamed grabbing his arm. "That's for babies..."Ethan frowned confused. Aisha stared then started to cry, Isis gasping in offense as he hugged his sister. "S-Sorry, we can play tea party!!"Ethan says quickly. "We can.."Aisha blinked. "Yes, we'll play anything, just don't cry please!"Ethan nodded. "YAY!"Aisha beamed running off. He smiled slightly, walking after Aisha, Isis beside him. "Brother, you've been acting weird  since the bear break in"Isis comments poking his cheek. "NEVER poke me again"Ethan threatens startling his younger brother. "Y-Yes! Sorry!"Isis squeaked. Azure walked over with milk and cookies, beaming as she set them down on the little tea table. "Thanks Azure!"Aisha beamed. "You're welcome"Azure giggled finding them adorable.

"Can I go outside?"Ethan asks. "I-I can't let you out of my sight"Azure responds. "I'll be quick"Ethan promises walking past her. "Ethan!"Azure gasped starting after him, only for Isis to stop her with a fearful look on his face. Ethan stepped outside, his eyes glowing. "The rumors are true!" A boy with orange hair and cat like green eyes grinned at Ethan, the boys head slowly turning to the male. "My name is Croix!"The male grinned holding his hand out to Ethan. "Why are you near our mansion?"Ethan demands coldly. "I wanted to see if it was true that Lady Tulip returned, I heard rumors that she sold her body"Croix smiled. Ethan stared the boy down, curling his fingers into a fist looking irritated. "The rumors said it was a arrogant noble she sold herself to"Croix continued. Ethan punched Croix right in the jaw, startling the boy. "SON OF A FUCKING BITCH!!"Ethan bellowed tackling Croix down, punching him. "YOUNG MASTER!!" Footsteps came closer, Melesis grabbing Ethan.

"GET OFF ME! I'LL KILL HIM!"Ethan shouts Croix scrambling back looking terrified. Ethan looked sharply at the now submissive child, a scary look on his face. "I'M SORRY DUKE PHILEO!!"Croix cried bowing his head. Ethan perked up, wondering if he really resembled his father that much. His mother told him about how angry and overly aggressive Phileo got whenever someone put her in danger or spoke down upon her. "Put me down...I'm calm.."Ethan orders. Melesis hesitantly lowered her arms, setting him down. "Don't come back to this mansion"Ethan commands coldly, Croix trembling. He leaned closer, grabbing the trembling boys shirt collar. "In three years..you can come back...you will swear loyalty to me and my family...once you do, whatever I say goes, or else you die"Ethan whispers. "Understood?" Croix nodded, Ethan shoving him back. Ethan turned away, fixing his clothing. "Beat it before I change my mind"Ethan commands narrowing his eyes. Leonia stared, her eyes wide in shock.

Tulip sat across from Phileo, uncomfortable with the way he was staring at her, longing twinkling in his eyes making her regret coming here. "I wanna make a deal with you"Tulip suddenly says. "What is it?"Phileo asks. "I will become the duchess of this household until Leonia is ready to become the house head, in return you will allow me to find me and my kids a place to stay, and fund us with money"Tulip bargains. "Done." She looked at him startled, her eyes widening. "As long as you and my children are here where I can see you, I'll agree to this deal"Phileo says. He reached over, grabbing her hand, staring at her. "I was genuinely worried that you died, I almost gave up until someone tipped me off"Phileo went on. She snatched her hand away, getting to her feet. "Thank you for your time"Tulip huffed. "Tulip..."Phileo stared. She walked away, slamming the doors shut behind her. Phileo sighed, covering his face. "Why does she make me like this...and she knows it"Phileo sighs.