36. Fuck Me Ruthlessly

"Father is going on a-" Arya began but Ned clamped a hand over his mouth, she licked at his hand.

"I'm going to remove my hand and you are not going to finish that sentence." Ned begged and Arya licked his hand again.

"They could come but we are going to a bar." Hayley mused. "Tavern, I know westeros words." Hayley murmured. "And I dont think you could keep up."

"But-" Arya declared. 

"Renly and his friend Loras are meeting us there too." Hayley remarked. 

"They are?" Ned and Arya questioned. Hayley hummed an agreement as she nodded. 

"See, not a date." Ned whispered and Arya rolled her eyes. 

"I wouldnt mind if she was my mum." arya grumbled. "Come on Bran, they are going to be boring." Arya decided. 

"Sorry about her." Ned remarked stepping closer. "She's a bit much."

"I like her." Hayley assured. "Come on, i'm starving."

Ned got out a horse from the stables and Hayley claimed she didnt know where she was going and should probably ride with him. She saw his smile grow, his lip twitched up. He liked that idea a lot. Hayley leaned back into ned as they rode, it was a short ride but ned rode slow to make it longer as his hand wrapped around Hayley's waist. To make sure she didnt fall off of course, nothing else. But he liked having this closeness again with someone special.

"I'm glad we are doing this." Ned told her as he helped her off the horse.

"I'm always ready for food." Hayley teased as they headed inside. Ned liked that Hayley was strong and brave, that she was protective and compassionate.

"Are Renly and Ser Loras-"

"Nope, but I figured it would get them off your back." Hayley countered and Ned chuckled nodding. 

"Thank you... I just wanted to say thank you and... they just..." Ned shrugged. 

"Took your friendship with a female to mean you wanted to fuck me ruthlessly the moment we were alone?" Hayley pondered and Ned pale. "I'm a mind reader." She teased pulling him inside. "Come on, get a few drinks in me and I might spill some secrets that make me blush too." 

Three drinks in and Ned couldnt imagine a day without seeing that smile. Hearing that laugh, knowing he was the one making her laugh. He wanted more, he needed more. Arya was wrong, this wasnt a date. But Ned wanted it to be. He wanted to not be married to a woman he didnt feel that spark with, he wanted to have the chance to fall in love, to be in love, to truly love and he wanted Hayley Marshall. 

Hayley liked the music, back home there was not a bar you could walk into that didnt have live music blazing into the streets, her head swayed as a little band played in the back of the tavern. Ned smiled across the table, her felt the small vibrations of her foot tapping against the ground.

"Dance with me." Ned requested offering her a hand as he stood up.

"I can tell you with complete certainty I don't I know how to do your fancy dances." Hayley informed him. "I was never one for elegance and grace... I'm more the attack dog." Ned chuckled. 

"That's alright, we can sway." Ned remarked pulling her to him. She fit to him perfectly. She rested her head against his as she leaned into him, her arms around his neck, his trialing along her hips. He knew it was wrong, he knew he shouldnt have but they got to be free and Ned thought that Hayley needed that too. She had her own demons and maybe they could help each other. 

"You smell nice." Hayley remarked and Ned chuckled. "You get all dolled up for little ole me?"  Damn yes he did, his best shirt, he least ruined shoes. He wanted to make a good impression. Wanted her closer. SHe liked being closer. 

"I did make sure not to wear my hunting boots, blood and bones are usually a less appealing scent." He mused and she chuckled. 

"Says who?" Hayley countered. 

Hayley looked up at him he was just a bit taller than her but with his face angled down she could feel his breath on her face, breathing the same air. Felt his lips getting closer, felt them brush again hers. All she had to do was lean in but one single word struck through her. 

"Mum?" Renly questioned and Hayley pulled back. 

"I swear I'm not a fortune teller, just bad luck." Hayley remarked before turning to Renly. "Hey honey, testing the locals before we head back?"

"Testing the locals." Loras chuckled. 

"Testing, tasting," Hayley teased. 

"I love your mum." Loras decided. 

"What are you doing with Lord Stark?" Renly questioned. 

"Drinking and dancing, dancing and drinking. Bugger off." Hayley begged. 

"No. No, as your son it is my duty-" Renly declared as he led Hayley back to the booth, Ned followed them awkwardly. "-to protect  you from predators." 

"Oh honey, I am the apex predator." Hayley assured. 

"I will be the judge of that." Renly corrected. "You are my mother and I'm going to need Lord Stark to buy us another round of drinks before I can decide if his intentions are honorable."

"He is thanking me for saving Bran." Hayley corrected. "Thats it. Just two friends... having a few drinks."

"I'm not buying it, are you Loras?" Renly countered and Hayley rolled her eyes. 

"Not a word." Loras agreed. "Another round!" 

"My children are worse then yours." Hayley informed Ned as he sat awkwardly on the opposite side of the booth. 

"Oh I wouldnt say that." Ned offered kindly, Renly smirked back at him. "You know I knew you when you were yay high," Ned held a hand out. "Wore pants too big and were always running down the halls trying to yank them up or your ass would hang out." Ned recalled. 

"This isnt helping your case Stark." Renly mused. 

"But its great for me to have embarrassing stories to tell future... matches? What the hell do you people call it? Suitors?" Hayley questioned. "Ah, never mind drinks are here."