Chapter 4

Leaving school heading to the bakary/café, quickly pulling in, noticing it is busy as usual.

Stepping out of my 2018 silver Toyota Camry locking it behind me, I go inside.

Walking behind the counter pulling an apron over my head, when I feel arms wrap around me. “I missed you, Cas. Are you feeling better?” April asks me.

“I’m definitely better than I was last week.” I told her.

“How was your first day back at school since you were out for a week?”

“School was school, happy this is my last year.”

“Cas, have you decided on a college yet?”  

“April, we are getting busier by the second, can we finish this conversation later?”

“Yes, we can,” she says with a smile.

Finishing up with work cleaning and locking up, I made my way home. Parking my car in the garage, I head into the secluded house.  

Dropping my bookbag on the couch, I kept walking heading to the kitchen to eat my food, I got on my way home. Checking my phone replying to texts then jumping on social media for a minute. 

Throwing away my trash and cleaning up the kitchen, I get my bookbag heading to my room. Finishing up my homework, putting everything back in my backpack. Going to the bathroom starting the run for a shower.

Standing under the water praying all the stress and pain will wash away. Stepping out the shower and drying off I go straight to my bed. Laying here in the dark with music playing in the background helped me finally drift off to sleep.

Hearing my alarm going off loudly, reaching over, shutting it off. Sitting up in my bed stretching my limbs. Getting out of bed, going to the bathroom to do my morning routine.

Walking back into my bedroom finding me some clothes for school today. Deciding on an outfit, getting dressed. Making sure I have everything I head downstairs, just as my dad is coming.