Chapter 8

"Casssssssspian, wakey, wakey," Gemma says to me.

Groaning, "Gemmmmmm, let me sleep a little, it's the least you can do," I tell her, turning over in bed and going back to sleep.

"You have to get up for school anyway so can you cook breakfast?"

Grabbing a pillow I put it over my head, going back to sleep.

"I want bother you any more."

"Yes you will," I mumble, "You can cook."

"It doesn't taste as good as your food does and you know that," she states with an attitude.

Closing my eyes ignoring her, I drift back off to sleep.

Moments later, feeling a heavy body rests on top of me.

"Gemma give me 10 minutes and I'll cook."

"Okayyyyyy," she says, getting off of me.

Jolting up out of bed when a loud alarm goes off.

"Look you up," Gemma says with a smile on her face.

"I hate you," I tell her, heading to the bathroom to do my morning routine.

After getting dressed, going downstairs I see Gemma sitting in the living room watching television.

"I love you, Caspian," she states as I go into the kitchen flipping her off.

Finishing up with breakfast, calling out to Gemma, "Breakfast is done."

Gemma comes rushing into the kitchen, "I don't care what you cooked, it smells amazing in here."

"I made some french toast with caramelized bananas, sausage links, and scrambled eggs."

"Thank youuuuuuu," she says, fixing her plate.

Sitting at the table eating breakfast when Gemma breaks the silence, "Cas, what's going to happen when we go off to college?"

Dropping my fork replying, "Gem, I try not to think about it. It makes me feel like our time will be cut short if I do."

"I know you're going to school for culinary and business, but I don't know what I want to do."

"You mean you haven't told your parents your real passion yet?"