Chapter 16: My precious family

NARRATOR'S POV~

Severus Snape has had a grudge against the potters for years. James potter and his friends bullied him all throughout his school life, and then the man had the audacity to marry and impregnate the woman that Severus had been in love with. When the child of the man had reached the age where he would come to Hogwarts, he was expecting to hate everything about him. He was expecting a confident, proud, snobby, spoiled brat.

Never in his wildest dreams did he imagine the boy would be one of his snakes, one of his family members. Never in his wildest dreams did he ever think that the boy wasn't all of that- wasn't spoiled rotten and egoistic.

Well, that was, until he met him.

The boy didn't seem to be any of that. Not in the slightest. He had barely even seen him for more then a day, and he already noticed a lot about the boy. He wasn't a master at observing for nothing.

First of all, while almost everyone at Hogwarts was shoving their faces with everything they could get their hands on, the boy had barely even eaten a bread roll with butter.

Second, while Severus had been worried at first about Potter bullying and targeting the other Slytherins, Harry was now talking, conversing, and cracking up the other Slytherins. A few Slytherins were bent over the table laughing at something he had said- though Severus couldn't hear what exactly it was.

Next, he seemed to know and be somewhat close to his godson. He had more of a comfortable gaze when looking at Draco, and the Blondie seemed to consider him a friend.

And lastly, Severus thought that Harry had been spoiled beyond repair, but now... He couldn't say that he fully believed that. Harry was thin, practically drowning in his robes. His skin was pale, dangerously so, he was so pale you that you could see his vein's clearly on any visible skin- which there wasn't much of. Severus would even go as far as saying that you could put a piece of paper next to the boy and they would be the same color.

He was tense. While all the other kids were huddled together with their arms touching, Snow white over there was sitting a good six to seven inches away from the people at his side. Anytime someone would move their arm to speak with their hands, or move even a bit closer to him, he would subconsciously bring his body into itself more and move away from them.

He was completely silent when he moved, no noise echoing when he took a step or adjusted his position. Snape had noticed that when they were done talking the previous night.

And Greasy bat hated to admit it, but the boy didn't seem dumb at all. His eyes shined with intelligence and cunning. The same level of sneaky you get after years of practice.

Severus hated this. he hated it all. He was confused and suspicious of how the boy has been acting. He didn't want to believe that he was different from what he previously thought. He didn't want to deny that the son of his bully lived anything but a perfect life. Didn't want to believe that they had anything in common.

He was desperately clinging to the thought that they would see his true nature soon. That the boy was only acting this way because it was only the first day of school.

Severus blinked himself out of his thoughts and took a bite of buttered toast. Swallowing, he spared a suspicious glance to the pale boy. He was talking with Draco and the blond seemed to be enjoying their conversation.

Harry's eyes traveled away from Draco's flushed complexion. He had been teasing him in a flirtatious manner out of boredom. He made direct eye contact with the dungeon possom and stared for a silent minute. Harry saw right through the man and internally smirked. This time around, he would be having his fare share of amusement from the teachers.