Chapter 3: An Exam to begin the Journey

***

(Karma's POV)

~

I entering the bus, went to Tōtsuki academy institute. I eat the strawberry cake that Nagisa gave to me yesterday when we meeting and talking about my entrance to Tōtsuki academy institute.

He amazed as how I get the invitation to the top culinary academy in Japan. He's currently cut his hair to short. He gave his support to me and I'm happy enough. I keep the fork as it was sharp enough to scare any person who may irritate me.

In the bus, I have no choice but standing because the sit is full. My dad's words keep ringing followed by the octopus's laugh that keep appearing next to him in my head. Especially that conversation a week ago.

~FLASHBACK~

-Dialogue Change Format-

(A week ago)

"This is..."

(Karma looked at the envelope as his eye widen surprised by his father's gift.)

Kouji: "As what you saw now, you must know the next thing, right?"
(Akabane Kouji looked at his son Karma looked at him with smirk.)

Kouji: "And like you said before 'You offering something related to my skill right? Either my cooking or my assassination experience'. The more precise answer is: 'Kill all the entire attendant of this academy with your skill both as a chef and an assassin'."

Kouji: "Welcome to Tōtsuki Culinary Academy, Akabane Karma. You got the invitation due to our reputation and they recognize your skill at cooking."

(The red head man with his hair slicked back said as he crossed his arms liked Karma's reaction.)

Karma: "Are you sure about this dad? Was this place the cooking academy you had attended before?"

(Karma looking back to Kouji's eye with somewhat curious look.)

Kouji: "Yes, this place will be your new battleground to conquer them. Than just attend a monotonous competition with that laughable Asano in Kunugigaoka High school, I'll have a good idea that you could implement your skill with your own knowledge as you want. And that is the invitation by one of Headmaster of this Academy, who is known as 'The Food's Demon King'."

Kouji: "This is the best gift from your father as an alumnus of this school, or perhaps I should claim myself as a senior of yours?"

(Kouji become very proudly showing his confident gesture toward his son.)

Karma: "You are too old to be my senior, dad."

(Karma sweatdropped as he smirking bit nervous.)

Kouji: "Haha, how much hoping am I to become my younger self to kill my boredom? At least I have many ways to fill my pleasure to not be burned out by the continuous routine of my work."

Karma: "You are, dad."

'By blackmailing any person who irritates you the most.'

Kouji : "I expected much from you, Karma. I would like to see how my son will be with all that training given to you."

'In other words, show them what you made off. I know my father understand and recognized what I want the most.'

Karma: "I want to surpass you one day. Although I've got many talents and strengths inside me, I'm still nothing compared to you, dad."

(Karma said with more determined look as his expression become serious.)

Kouji: "*Chuckle* Was I too powerful? I just followed what should be learned and required in this businnes world. And it proved by how the government and society demanded standard of success be fitted, if you want to maintain your existence and stand longer where you are."