Chapter 8: A Demon that predict his own fate

(Karma's POV)

I could say that I was quite lucky this time. This kind of scenario was such a coincidence happened. Although I'm surprised that it really happen to be honest.

Since beginning I noticed that Kazuma-kun was not well. I assume that he pushed himself till his peak. Fortunate for him that we got tagged up.

To be honest, I felt pity for him yet I admired his will to survive in this academy. He even trying so hard to hide his own fever from everyone. They may didn't noticed it, but I do.

Fortunately, he didn't contract contagious diseases like the flu. If he did, his chance for surviving in this academy is low.

I've been prepared those dough when I makes those students in this room distracted.

Korosensei teached me when he infiltrating into my family's restaurant kitchen. At that time I'm trying to make my own pizza as he was inside and take a look of the kitchen affairs. He is experimenting with all the kitchen affair, having fun with it.

I'm focusing at the dough making process, while trying to kill him with my bb gun when he lower his guard.

Yet he succeded to avoid all of my killing attempt, as he had an ability to do it.

When I remember the time for me to check my dough, it was gone. And I looked back at him, he messed the dough and turned it into an octopus miniature with taunting expression that he baked himself with oven.

As his expressions with green strips on his face makes me frustrated by that octopus. So I attack him with my BB Gun and my Anti-sensei knife to let out my frustration as I make him panic as well.

But suddenly as I wanted to make a new one, he already made one for me inside the bowl.

Of course that surprised me as I thought how this octopus prepared the new dough while I was shooting him.

He then telling me that he prepared it at the same time he taking a look toward the kitchen utensils.

I didn't expect it to be honest as he even doesn't take any of ingredients as I observed him.

So I asked him about how he could do it. He then taught me about the secret technique that could help me for emergency in the future.

He already prepared some of important ingredients such as yeast and took some the flour from the kitchen. I'd never thought that he could become that fast to take it.

That octopus said that technique could become useful when I wanted to polish my cooking skill further. Especially he know that Tōtsuki will become the right place to apply it.

As I remembered about his deeds, I realized how he is very meritorious to taught his students for their future. He also remind me with a words: 'Take advantage of what you have while you have it' like that.

~

I smirked as all of my backup plan to take any kind of advantage in this cooking class working well. The dish theme also quite easy one to make. So I don't have to concern much about it.

Now all the left for me is to shape the dough. I'm actually made it 20 minutes ago with some ingredient that helped the process faster.

I use sugar to help the yeast activate faster. As for the flour I use the bread flour for the pizza crust because it creates chewier results than all-purpose flour. It contains more protein, which helps produce lots of gluten. Gluten is what gives the crust elasticity.

I'm also added olive oil to prevent sogginess from the water of the yeast, and salts to add flavor to create a chewier crust that slowing down the fermentation process. So it resulting in a better rise of the dough.