LI: a scare

"NO FUCKING WAY?" 

"Yeah..."

"HE SAID THAT?!" 

"Yeah, and eomma heard most of it..." 

"NOT EOMMA! Does Chunhei have any idea of what's going on?" 

After placing our pizza order and settling Chunhei and Noah in her room, Sora and I sat down on the couch. Sora listened intently as I retold everything that had happened that night, everything Yoongi had said, and his multiple attempts to make up with me. 

"I'm not sure," I sigh, running a hand through my already-messy hair, "We got into it in the car on the way back here and she woke up and asked why we were fighting." 

"Should've told her that her father's being a complete jackass."

"Sora!" 

"I only speak the truth, YN," Sora retorts, "This doesn't sound like Yoongi at all. He's a professional, YN, so I don't understand why he seems so thrown off by being called back to work early. He usually handles things like this in a much calmer way." 

I simply nod my head, deep in thought about what could possibly be causing Yoongi's recent behavior. 

"Want me to punch him?" Sora suggests, taking a sip of her wine, "I've done it before!" 

I giggle slightly, a bit relieved to be back in the presence of my best friend, "Please. Maybe it'll knock some sense into him." 

"Next time I see him, I'll swing, YN," She reassures jokingly, "I'll knock him out cold!!" 

Another hour goes by of me and Sora just catching up on things. To my surprise, she's been planning on opening another bakery location in the city which has kept her busy since the new year began. 

With the success of 24/7 Heaven, the demand for her pastries have increased and she's received many requests to open up shop in many more locations. I smile widely at the thought of expansions and give her all of my support. 

"WAIT!" She gasps after a few minutes of mindless conversation, "Guess fucking what, dude!" 

I raise an eyebrow at her, interested in hearing what she has forgotten to divulge thus far. 

"I had a pregnancy scare last week." 

I stop sipping my wine, the liquid currently in my mouth sliding down the wrong pipe, "You had WHAT?!"

I break out into a fit of coughs as Sora laughs loudly, patting my back in attempts to help me grasp the situation.

"I had this strange feeling one morning and realized I was 4 days late already," She takes another sip of her wine before continuing, "So I took a test and it had the faintest line indicating positive."

"NO WAY!" 

"Yes way, babe," She explains, "But I wanted to be sure before I started a ruckus. I set up a doctor's appointment, but it came back negative. I'm not actually pregnant." 

"Aww man," I whine, my dreams of another baby Jin or Sora disappearing into the abyss, "Keep trying!!" 

"MA'AM? IN THIS ECONOMY?" Sora exclaims, "Plus, with the expansions and increase in business, a baby on the way would be more work. If I were to get pregnant, I want it to be when work slows down so I can take care of myself." 

"But..." I trail off before Sora interrupts. 

"If anyone should be concerned about making babies, it should be you. Ms. YN!" Sora points an accusatory finger at me, "Chunhei is seven this year! It's a good gap in between children. Let's get to work, YN! Tell Yoongi to get his shit together and make some babies!" 

Before I could reply, the jingling of keys catches our attention. Sora sends me an evil smile before standing up from the couch and making her way to greet Yoongi at the door. He finally gets the door open and steps inside, taking his shoes off while running a hand through his hair. 

"Min Yoongi." 

"Fuck," He curses, picking his head up to see Sora standing in front of him, "Hey, Sora, long time no see."

It's clear that he's nervous and knows that Sora knows everything. In a matter of  a few seconds, Sora has raised her hand and landed a slap on Yoongi's chest. Yoongi groans in response and walks into the kitchen, making his way to the living area where I was sitting. 

"Ok, I deserved that." 

"Mhmm, you absolutely did, you douchebag," Sora disciplines him while calling out to Noah, "Noah, honey, let's get going! Tell Chunnie goodnight! Daddy's waiting for us downstairs." 

Both children run out of Chunhei's room giggling and talking. Noah gives Chunhei a quick hug before running over and giving both me and Yoongi hugs as well. 

"We'll let you guys rest," Sora begins, helping Noah with his shoes, "Chunnie, get some rest, sweetie. Mummy and daddy, get it together please. I expect this all to be solved soon." 

After one last threat to fix our argument, Sora and Noah leave for the night, leaving me, Yoongi, and Chunhei alone once again. 

"Daddy!" Chunhei cheers, running over and into her dad's waiting arms, "I missed you!" 

"I missed you, more, Chun," Yoongi sighs out, "Did you and Noah have fun tonight?"

"We did!"and before Chunhei can begin to tell us about what her and Noah did tonight, Yoongi tells her to clean up her toys in her room and that they'll meet her in a few minutes for her bedtime routine. 

"Ok, daddy! Ok, mummy!" Chunhei agrees, running back to clean her and Noah's mess. 

A few seconds of silence pass before Yoongi turns to look at me. He had taken Sora's place across me on the sofa and I've avoided all contact with him since he'd arrived in fear of what my emotions would do. 

"YN..." He starts off, opening his arms towards me, "C'mere, baby. Please."

I hesitate a few seconds before giving in, melting into his embrace after not seeing him for a few hours. 

"Yoon..." I start, but am quickly shushed by Yoongi running his hand softly through my hair, "Can we fix this now please?" 

Yoongi hums, pulling me in closer to his chest.

"The studio gave me a new assignment..." 

*not proofread 

*not proofread 

a/n: wow, it's been a long freaking time