XLII: don't wanna leave

"Yoongs, can you make sure Chunhei is all dressed? She told me she would get ready all by herself today," I ask Yoongi as I walked out of the bathroom fully dressed and ready to leave. 

"She really needs to stop acting like a big girl," Yoongi states, zipping up the last of our suitcases, "I can't deal with the fact that she's growing up. She's turning 7 next year, YN! 7!!"

I laugh and walk over, cupping his face with both my hands. I give him a quick peck on the lips before walking over to the bed where my jacket was laying. 

"Nevermind then. I'll check up on her." 

Yoongi responds with a hum as I shrug on my jacket and head to Chunhei's room. As I get closer to her room, I hear faint sounds of a familiar sniffling and immediately quicken my steps. 

"Chunnie! Baby, you okay?" Panic slowly creeps up on me as I recognize her little sniffles that usually signal a big breakdown. 

I barge into the room and see Chunhei sitting on the edge of the bed, fully dressed, with mama kneeling near her and holding her hands. Worry completely washes over me as I walk over and pull my little girl into my arms. 

"What's wrong, princess?" I coo, brushing the stray hairs away from her face. I turn towards mama who shrugs with uncertainty. 

"I was walking by and I heard her sniffling. She won't tell me what's wrong," Mama explains, the same worried expression on her face. 

I sigh as I turn my attention back to the little girl who now had her head buried into my neck, the sniffles still in full force. 

"Chunhei, what's wrong? Are you hurt? Did something happen, my love?" I whisper, carefully checking her for any injuries, scratches, or anything that could tell me what happened. 

She doesn't budge and goes on to tighten her hold around me. 

"Baby girl, you need to tell mummy what's wrong," I try once more, softly stroking her arm to soothe her. 

Chunhei's sniffles start to slow down as she brings her head up from my neck. Once she finally looks up, I notice that her eyes were getting quite red and were brimming with tears. I reach up and start to wipe them away. 

"Are you okay, my love? Why are you crying?" I press one more time. 

"I- I ju-just don't wanna le-leave mama and pa-pa!" She chokes out, working herself up again. 

I mentally frown as she begins to sob, wrapping her arms around my neck and hiding her face from view. My eyes dart over to the door where a concerned Yoongi had been standing, watching the whole thing from a far. I shoot him a look that he immediately understands. He rushes over and places a hand on Chunhei's back, rubbing soft circles to try and calm her down. 

"Kitten, you'll be okay," He soothes, trying to get her to look up at him, "We aren't leaving forever. We can always come and visit again in the summer or during the holidays."

"We can even come up and visit you guys up in Seoul!" Mama softly cheers, trying to brighten the situation. 

"I heard a little tiger was gonna miss me," Papa's voice rings into the bedroom. 

Chunhei immediately looks up and raises her arms out to her papa, asking to be carried. 

"Why, I'd love a cuddle," Papa dramatically gasps, scooping Chunhei up into his arms and giving her some cuddles. 

"It looks like someone doesn't wanna leave mama and papa's house," Mama laughs, moving over to stand next to Chunhei, softly tickling her side. 

"I'm gonna miss mama and papa," Chunhei whines, hugging her grandma and grandpa extra tight.