Dating and Marriage Ceremonies

Poms take dating very seriously and consider it a time to get to know each other better before making a commitment to a lifelong partnership. They typically meet through mutual friends or by attending community events, such as festivals or art shows.

When a Pom is interested in someone, they will often invite them to participate in a shared activity, such as taking a walk in nature or creating a collaborative art piece. During these interactions, they get to know each other's interests, values, and personalities. Similar to human society, Poms go on excursions with each other to explore the potential for a deeper connection. If a Pom feels a strong connection with someone, they may express their feelings through a dance. The dance is a way for the Poms to communicate their emotions and intentions to their partner. The dance is a special type of art form that requires a deep level of trust, cooperation, and creativity between the two partners.

If the dance is successful and they move in perfect harmony, the Pom couple would then believe that they are meant to be together. However, if the dance is clumsy and out of sync, the couple may realize that they are not compatible and decide to remain friends instead of pursuing a romantic relationship. This dance ritual is an essential part of their dating culture and is taken very seriously.

Once a Pom has found their partner, they move on to the wedding ceremony. Instead of exchanging rings, they wear headdresses with crowns that are made or commissioned by their partner. The headdress is adorned with intricate details and symbols that reflect the couple's personality and values. The headdress is worn by both the bride and groom during the ceremony, and they exchange vows promising to love and support each other for life.

The wedding celebration is a joyous occasion that includes feasting, dancing, and music. The Pom community comes together to celebrate the union of two souls and to wish them a lifetime of happiness. During the wedding reception, the couple's families and friends perform special dances and songs to honor the newlyweds.