chapter six - if tomorrow never comes.

❝ SHUT THE FRONT DOOR

❝ SHUT THE FRONT DOOR.❞
( season one, episode six. )

"SO YOU BOUGHT A CAR SEAT." Lindsey conversed as her and Derek were on their way to the hospital after dropping Avery off at school.

"Yeah, I figured from that last few times it would save us the hassle of moving the other one from your car every morning." Derek explained as he pulled in to a parking spot.

" Yeah true and thank you." The blonde uttered as she got out of the car.

"For what?" He chuckled as he also go out from his side of the car and locking it.

"For being okay with this." The woman continued as now they both walked side by side to the entrance.

Sooner or later they both went their separate ways after they changed into their scrubs and started their shift.

"Good morning." The female Doctor greeted as she stepped into the patients room.

"Annie, this is Dr.Grey. Kick-ass Surgeon." Alex introduced making Lindsey slightly raise her eye brow in suspicion.

"Dr. Karev." Bailey said giving him a sign to present.

"Oh! Annie Connors is a 43-year-old woman who presented last night with progressive shortness of breath for the past three months."

"Found to have a very large tumor of unknown origin pressed against her diaphragm. Stable vital signs. Scheduled for CT this morning, Doctor." Karev finally finished.

"Thank you, Dr. Karev. Are you at all claustrophobic Ms. Connors?" She questioned.

"I've been housebound for the last year. How claustrophobic could I be?" The patient mumbled shrugging.

"All right. Dr. Stevens is going to take you up for a CT. It'll give us a better look, and we'll know how to proceed." The older Dr. Grey explained.

"Could someone tell my mom? She'll worry if she gets back, and I'm not here." Annie politely asked.

"Yeah, of course. Of course." Lindsey reassured.

"And would it be possible for Alex to take me instead. I mean, he...he's just so fun to look at." Annie questioned.

"Oh! Annie." The brunette intern jokingly scolded causing Lindsey to shoot Meredith who was in the corner a look at Alex's strange behaviour.

"Sure Ms Connors whatever makes you happy." The attending repeated.

"Well if you would excuse me." She continued before stepping out of the room.