chapter nine - who's zoomin who?

❝  DON'T GET TOO SMUG ON ME NOW SHEP

❝ DON'T GET TOO SMUG ON ME NOW SHEP. ❞
( season one, episode nine. )

THE BLONDE WOMAN HAD DECIDED TO jazz up her outfit in a more professional way rather than casual so she didn't need to change into her scrubs when she got to the hospital but only wear her lab coat.

The woman was in the middle of zipping her heeled boots when her phone rang.

"Dr. Grey, this is Ms. Henry from the nursing home. I'm calling about your mother." Ms. Henry spoke from the other end of her phone.

"Oh, is she alright?" Lindsey asked as she stood up and smoothed down her pants and beige sweater.

"It's nothing like that." The woman reassured.

"Can I call you later then I have to get my daughter ready for school?" The blonde politely voiced.

"I've already tried your sister but I can't seem to reach her, i just wanted to-" The Henry woman continued before she was caught off.

"She's already at work so please don't disturb her, I promise I'll call you later I'm just in a rush." Lindsey spoke getting some clothes out for Avery before making her way into her room.

"Okay." She agreed as the blonde hung up and went to her daughters bed side to wake her up.

"Hey, Ducky girl it's time for school." The blonde whispered in the little girls ear as she brushed her hair.

"Good morning mommy." Avery mumbled as her mothers eyebrows scrunched up feeling sweat on her forehead.

"Are you okay sweetheart you're really warm." Her mother asked as she picked her up from the bed and walked into the bathroom grabbing a thermometer then placing it in her mouth.

"Mhm." The little girl mumbled weakly laying her head on her mothers shoulder.

"You can off school today if you want?" She offered as the girls head shot up from her shoulder.

"No, please I promise I'm fine." The five year old reassured trying to act as if she was okay.

"No so convincing, If you feel any worse make the school call me. You promise?" The woman stuck her picky out as the little girl locked it.

A little while after Lindsey had gotten Avery ready and fed her breakfast they were out of the door, into her car since Derek had been called into the hospital earlier so he couldn't make it that morning.