chapter eleven - enough is enough.

❝ATTA GIRL! GREAT TO KNOW WE HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING ❞( season two, episode two

( season two, episode two. )

THE NEXT MORNING LINDSEY AND AVERY WENT out for breakfast seeing as they haven't had a breakfast date for a while, they soon exited the small café and ran to the car as it had decided to conveniently started to rain as soon as they had gotten out.

As they were now on their way to Avery's kindergarten 'suddenly I see' by KT Tunstall played in in the background.

It makes you calm
She holds you captivated in her palm
Suddenly I see (suddenly I see)
This is what I wanna be.

Lindsey goofily sang along with her hands on the steering wheel as she turned a corner away from the highway while the 5-year old in the back copied her mother's antics.

"And were here." Lindsey announced in a sing song voice while she turned off the car engine as the music in the background came to an end.

"Mom can I ask you a question?" Avery inquired as she held her mother's hand as they walked into the school.

"Go ahead sweetie."

"Where's Derek he usually drivers us."

"He got called into work early again but he said that his very sorry." Lindsey lied through her teeth not wanting her daughter to know that she had told Derek to give her some space hence why he wasn't there to pick them up.

Even though they were currently on 'I don't know' terms Lindsey was going to do everything in her power to make sure that it didn't effect their daughter.

"Oh, well tell him it's not nice to keep a lady waiting."

"No man will ever keep us waiting ain't that right Ducky?"

"Absolutely!"

"That's my girl. I love you I'll see you later."

"I love you too mommy. This much!" The little girl widely spread her arms showing her mother the amount of love.

They soon separated their ways after getting out of each other's grip, Lindsey running back to her car to avoid getting wet while Avery got settled in her classroom.

────────────────────────

SOONER OR LATER Lindsey Grey turned her engine off having just arrived in her parking space, she quickly grabbed her bag and her cell before opening the car door to get out.