chapter twenty - owner of a lonely heart.

❝ GO AHEAD

❝ GO AHEAD....ATTENDING SCREWER.❞
( season two, episode eleven .)

THE BLONDE GRUMBLED IN FRUSTRATION as she lay sprawled out on her bed, still recovering from Derek picking up Avery for school about 20 minutes ago. Reluctantly, she knew she had to get up for the second time that day to prepare for work.

The thought of going to work didn't appeal to her at all. Her previous shift had been so hectic that she felt like a zombie by the end of it.

With a sigh, she finally decided it was time to untangle herself from the mess of blankets that held her captive.

Struggling to break free, Lindsey let out a groan, realizing that her day was off to a terrible start.

Not only did she long to stay in the comfort of her bed, but she also had to play nice with Avery's father first thing in the morning when he came to collect their daughter.

He seemed to be everywhere, like an annoying bug that just wouldn't go away.

It was frustrating, but Lindsey knew she had to endure it because they shared a child. As long as their daughter lived, she would be stuck dealing with him.

After what felt like an eternity, Lindsey finally managed to escape the clutches of the blankets.

She made her way to the en suite bathroom, knowing that a shower was the next step in her morning routine. She had already brushed her teeth while getting Avery ready for school.

As she approached the bathroom entrance, she accidentally stubbed her toe against the door frame, causing a sharp pain to shoot through her body.

Letting out a series of "Ow! Ow!" exclamations, she clutched onto her foot and hopped around in agony.

Praying that the pain would subside, she continued to hop on one foot. However, her misfortune seemed to have other plans for her.

In an unexpected turn of events, she slipped on a towel and landed right on her behind.

"What a great way to start the day," she muttered to herself, letting out a sigh as she found herself sprawled out on the bathroom floor.

────────────────────────

AS SHE ARRIVED AT THE HOSPITAL, her back side continued to ache from the fall, causing her great discomfort. She was certain that by the end of her shift, a sizable bruise would have formed on her hip.