chapter nineteen - much too much.

❝I DON'T SEE WHY THATS ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS

❝I DON'T SEE WHY THATS ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS.❞
( season two, episode ten.)

A FEW DAYS HAD PASSED since Avery and Lindsey returned to Seattle from their Thanksgiving break in New York. Upon landing, they wasted no time and headed straight to the house to greet everyone who they hadn't seen in two weeks.

They showered them with gifts, but the most important visit was to Derek's trailer. Avery insisted on seeing her father that very evening, whom she had missed dearly.

Unfortunately for Lindsey, as she had predicted, Addison was also there. She shallowed the pit in her throat and officially introduced Avery to Addison.

For the rest of the night, the four of them enjoyed their presents together.

Lindsey decided to set aside her emotions and any past conflicts she had with the two, focusing on her daughter's happiness instead.

The brunette little girl couldn't stop smiling as she sat on her father's lap outside the trailer, engaging in conversation.

At the end of the day, Lindsey prioritized her daughter above everything else. Even if it meant pretending to enjoy being around Addison and Derek for a little while.

The following morning, the blonde mother dropped off her daughter at kindergarten before heading to work. After attending to some patients, she decided to take a break and get a cup of coffee.

She didn't waste any time and quickly drank it, as she had been up late the previous night filling out paperwork for her mother's nursing home and doing some research for her own sanity.

Little did she know, her exhaustion was evident to her colleagues.

"Slow down before you drown," Derek commented, his eyes shifting away from the computer to Lindsey, who was leaning on the nurses' station in-front of him and Burke.

Frustrated, she muttered a string of curse words under her breath as she went behind the station to grab her charts.

"You look rough, Grey," Burke chuckled, his eyes also diverting from his chart.

"Thanks. You guys sure know how to lift a girl's spirits," she sarcastically replied, filling out the chart while fighting off a yawn.

"I'm free right now, and I know you have a surgery scheduled. I'll take it because you shouldn't be near a knife in this state," Burke offered, causing Lindsey to smile wearily.