Chapter 7. Oopsies

"Police have identified Renzo Martinez as the organized head behind the child trafficking going in and out of his club called the Red Room," a news lady said while standing on the street in front of the club with police officers running around

"Police have identified Renzo Martinez as the organized head behind the child trafficking going in and out of his club called the Red Room," a news lady said while standing on the street in front of the club with police officers running around. "The police have found four deceased adults at the scene, which included Renzo Martinez."

I fidgeted with the red mask I stole from the server on our way out last night, throwing it up, then catching it. The television blasted at me while I sat like a toddler on the couch with Dieter operating on me. He yanked a bullet from my arm, mumbling in German.

A plump man with a badge on his chest walked behind the news lady, prompting her to wave him down. "Sir!" she yelled. "Sir, please give us a statement. Do you have any information?"

He broadened his shoulders while adjusting his belt, wiggling his fat belly around. "The only insight we have is a vigilante named Apple Red saved many young girls last night. The witnesses will not speak to us about the identity of the woman and her sidekick." He smiled at the camera. "If she-" he said, but Koa grabbed the officer's shoulder, interrupting him.

"The police will not be giving any statements to the press at this moment," Koa said with a breathtaking smile. "Thank you."

"Sidekick!" Dieter yelled, throwing the remote at the television.

"Looks like you are answering to me now," I laughed at him.

"Halt deinen Mund," he replied in German.

Dieter pulled a needle from his bag, then filled salmon-colored liquid into it. He stuck me near the bullet hole in my arm, then moved on to the next.

"No vore," he said.

"What?" I asked back. "How am I supposed to dodge bullets?"

He smiled wide, showing off the braces on his white teeth. Dieter's glasses were on top of his head, he moved them to his face while hoisting away from the spot next to me.

I stood from the couch, seeing the sun dipping below the city buildings. My date with Koa was questionable, but maybe being right under his nose would make it hard for him to know I am Apple Red.

"I'll see you later," I said to Dieter.

"Vhere are you going?" he protested my exit.

"On a date at the old café on the corner," I said with a smile.

Dieter scrunched up his face, pulling his glasses off. He pulled at his hair while eyeing me. "No."

I tensed my body. "You can't tell me no," I said. "Plus, my date is with that detective, so it's a brilliant idea to keep him liking me."

"Vi don't vike it," he responded like a child, forced to eat vegetables.

My shoulders shrugged, seeing he was overthinking as his eyes bobbed around. Dieter's chocolate eyes stopped on me, raising an eyebrow.