Chapter 8. Porn Star

"Estaba muerto de miedo al ver el demonio!" The news interviewed the screaming lady when the police arrived after our accident

"Estaba muerto de miedo al ver el demonio!" The news interviewed the screaming lady when the police arrived after our accident. 'I was scared to death when I saw the demon,' the subtitles read.

Accident or not, the man was garbaging the bodies of the women Roy killed. I didn't feel bad for him. He deserved everything Hell gave him, especially after throwing one of them into the sewer.

Duff jumped through the open window into my apartment. Meowed in my direction, then joined me in the kitchen as I cooked dry macaroni and cheese.

"Hello there, my handsome baby," I said, petting the top of Duff's head as he sat on the counter.

"No comment," Koa's voice echoed from the television. I glanced up to see him entering the apartment from last night. A police officer lifted the caution tape as he ducked under, queuing to the newsman.

I clicked down the volume of the television, steering my noodles. A quiet knock caused Duff to jump off the counter and run toward it. Opening the squeaky door, I see my neighbor Alice from below. She beamed at me as Duff rubbed his head on her legs.

"Just who I was looking for," she said, bending to scratch the top of his head. "Sorry if he has been bothering you. He climbed up the fire escape."

"Oh, no, the little one is always welcome," I replied, leaning against the door.

Alice's eyes widened as her mouth dropped. Confused, I looked over my shoulder to see Dieter shirtless, fishing in the fridge. He grabbed a water bottle, sipping it. The cold liquid dripped from the corners of his lips, landing on his bare chest. Dieter paused, glancing down, then rubbed the moister into his pecks.

"Okay, slow down there, porn star," I said.

"Strike me pink," Alice slipped.

I glanced at her. "Yeah, nice to look at, but wait for this asswipe to talk."

Alice stepped into the apartment with her hand out toward him. "Alice, but you can call me anyth-"

"Stop," I said, smacking her hand down.

"Dieter," he replied with a smile, looking innocent.

He clenched his jaw tight, side-eyeing me. His mouth opened slightly as the ceiling light glistened from the edge of his lower lip. Dieter's coffee eyes slowly looked away from me to Alice as he placed his palm on the back of his head, intertwining his fingers with his hair. His uneased expression hitched him into raising his eyebrows.

"Vet me get a shirt," he said, then paused, glancing at me before walking away.

"I'll take one," Alice said, ogling him as he shut the door to my bedroom.

I laughed, holding my stomach. "Trust me. You don't want to go down that fantasy."

Alice brightened, stepping up on her tippy toes. "I have a blind date in a couple of days," she said, then looked down. "My coworker is setting us up." Alice's eyes looked at me as she pulled at the end of her shirt. "This is probably a bad idea."