Chapter 7

"Please you must hurry, her passionate embrace is the perfect time, she will not expect it." the woman told them.

Charles was finally brought back to Marion and he had no visible bruises, yet that is. Marion held him up as Derrick watched Aknat in her room occupying herself with the necklace.

"She could kill me if I sleep with her and you already used that spell on me so couldn't it just bring me back again?" Derrick asked Marion, earning the attention of Charles now.

"The spell from the book of the living?" Charles asked.

"Yes, it's more of a one time spell. I was taught it only for true emergencies, which is what that was." Marion told both the men.

Hearing crashing and cursing coming from Aknat's room, they all figured their time was close to up. They had to do something and fast.

"I'll do it, I'll distract her." Charles volunteered.

"Good man." Derrick saluted Charles.

"What? You can't mean..." Marion started but he shushed her and pushed her behind a curtain where Derrick was also hiding.

The doors to the room burst open. There was the woman who was really becoming a pain in the ass, walked forward and dismissed the men who escorted her. She looked around the room but didn't go to the curtain that Derrick and Marion were hiding behind. Instead she turned Charles.

"Where have they gone?" she asked him in a deadly serious tone.

"Who?"

"That fool of a man and the love of your life, if you valued that life I would suggest telling me where they are." she said, raising her sai.

Marion had a hold of a gold plate and snuck out behind the woman and hit her over the head with it, knocking her out cold on the ground before them. Rushing to her necklace, Marion grabbed the necklace, tossed it on the floor before stomping on it. Everything went white and their surroundings changed.

They were back in the tomb, in their own time period. Marion rushed to the mummy she remembered the woman having but the wrapping had nothing inside of them. Turning back they saw the woman laughing at them but this time she had the other pendant as well. The true pendant.

"You've gotta be kidding me." Charles muttered.

Marion was shackled to a large pole in the middle of the room while Charles and Derrick were forced to be shackled to the wall. None of which were easily escapable. The woman sighed as she brought the necklace up to her eyeline.

"So much work, so much time and so much money for the smallest little trinket in the world. I can send us back again you know, maybe in that time the Pharaoh wouldn't know you." the woman grinned looking at Marion.

"Your deceit lies in your veins, it will be your damnation." Marion replied but this time in ancient Egyptian.

"Ah, remembering the old language. Sadly I do not so whatever you said does not affect me." the woman smiled as she looked over at Charles and Derrick. "Foolish explorers."

A man came up to her and whispered something in her ear, making the woman smile. She walked away from Marion and went right to Charles.

"I hear you are quite the womanizer. So many girls in the world yet you pledge your heart to her?" the woman asked, pointing to Marion. "You too my big dumb brute?"

Closing her eyes, Marion saw men adding what bits of wood they could find around her. They were going to burn her alive. The tears escaped her and rushed down her cheek. There was no way for her to escape. Instead she watched as the woman grabbed a lit torch and came back over to Marion.