CHAPTER 1: RANGER DAY (Part 1)

- - - - CRANSTON HOME/MAI'S BEDROOM - - - -       Thirteen years later Mai, now 18-years-old, is fast asleep in her bedroom, when suddenly the lights turn on and she groans and puts the cover over her face

Thirteen years later Mai, now 18-years-old, is fast asleep in her bedroom, when suddenly the lights turn on and she groans and puts the cover over her face.

Mai: Ugh, Dad!!!

The perpetrator behind the bedroom lights is non other than her father, an older Billy Cranston. He smiles and laughs at his daughter over exaggeration to the lights.

Billy: Morning, Sleeping Beauty. Breakfast is downstairs, when you're ready.

   Billy closes the door, leaving Mai alone in her room. She pulls the cover down from her face and gets out of bed. She walk over her calendar and her groggy expression morphs into a big smile, as she sees that the date circled on her calendar reads "Rangers Day!!!"
The annual Angel Grove holiday, that celebrates the Power Rangers. Mai was a Power Rangers fanatic. Her bedroom was covered in posters, drawings, statues and more.

        - - - -  CRANSTON HOME/KITCHEN - - - -

  An hour later, now fully dressed, Mai comes down the stairs and meets her father, who's watching the news coverage of todays festivities

TV News Reporter: We spoke to Mayor Richards, who promises that this'll be Ranger Day no one will ever forget.

Mai walks into the kitchen and kisses her dad on the cheek, as she goes into the refrigerator to pour herself some orange juice.

Billy: Ugh, Rangers Day.

Mai: I know, isn't it exciting!

Billy: Exciting is not the word I'd use. But if they make you happy than I guess they make me happy, too. You and your friends are going.

Mai: Yeah. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna meet up with the guys at Alex's house. We're all gonna meet Lisa at the event, since her mom is forcing her to go.

   As she saying this, Mai checks her watch and realizes that she's gonna be late.

Mai: Oh, I gotta go. Love You, Dad.

Billy: Love You More, Sweetie.

   Once Mai walks out the door, Billy smile goes away and goes over and turns on the T-V. Seeing all the Power Rangers merchandise and memorabilia being plastered all over the T-V is bringing back those days of Z-Day. Of all the things Mai had to be a fan of, why did it have to be the Power Rangers.