Chapter 1: Ranger Day (Part 3)

- - - - THE OLD QUARRY (NIGHT)- - - -

   As the sun begins set, on the small California town

   As the sun begins set, on the small California town. The five friends have gathered at the old quarry, located on the far outskirts town, where near it reads a sign that says Power Rangers Land, coming soon. Currently in construction. The five friends are gathered, sitting in circle, surrounding a bomb fire, inside the quarry, where they sit and laugh.

Leo: Okay, my turn. Would you rather be stranded on a deserted island or stuck on desolate planet.

Hari: Ooh, simple. Deserted island.

Lisa: Deserted Island, all the way.

Alex: Definitely a deserted island.

Leo: You guys are lame. A desolate planet is the best choice.

Lisa: Okay. Explain to us why a desolate planet is the best choice, oh wise one.

Leo: Simple. On a deserted island there's a 50/50 chance you'll be found. But on a desolate planet there's a one in a million chance you'll be found. Which, in my opinion, is a much better way to be alone.

Hari: Than that means you won't be around us anymore.

Leo: Hmmm, y'know you bring up a good point... Nah, I'm sticking with the planet. Mai, what do you say?

All eyes them to turn to Mai, who is off staring in the distance and watching the sun set. The others are confused as to why she's just staring at the sun.

Lisa: Mai?

Mai: Yeah?

Lisa: Is everything okay?

Mai: Yeah, of course. Why?

Alex: It's just... you've been kinda out of it since we left the festival. Is something bothering you?

Leo: Guys, lay off. She's probably just daydreaming about marrying the Dragon Ranger or something.

Hari: Is it your Mom?

Without saying a word, Mai shakes her head. The mood is beginning to change.