Chapter 4 - my new life

With a wide grin on my lips, I realized that my family wasn't the only ones plotting in secret. A certain satisfaction surged through me at the thought of being able to use their deceit against them. My powers were strong enough to heal myself and neutralize the poison. However, I decided to pretend that the poison was taking effect. It was time to weave a little intrigue and reverse the roles.

The golden sunrays streaming through the windows woke me from my slumber

The golden sunrays streaming through the windows woke me from my slumber. I made my way to the window and looked out at the magnificent garden adorned with an abundance of beautiful flowers and bushes. Yet, my gaze was captivated by the graceful birds freely soaring in the sky. Soon enough, I would be free too, I thought with a touch of anticipation. It was a peaceful and breathtaking sunrise that reinforced my hope for a new life, until the room's door suddenly burst open with a loud bang.

"Ah, you are already awake," said the butler, accompanied by two maids as they entered the room. One maid carried white garments in her arms, while the other held a simple brown travel bag. The butler spoke with a sense of urgency in his voice, "We have no time to waste. Pack your belongings and get ready. His Highness will give you further instructions shortly." They stared at me with annoyance before leaving the room.

What belongings should I pack? I practically owned nothing. Nevertheless, I obeyed the command and began to change. A snow-white priest's robe with a hood that covered my entire body and face. As I looked around the room, I realized that there was indeed nothing I could take with me. But then, I heard a gentle tapping on the window. When I opened it, I saw a group of nature spirits carrying old books from the basement. They were the books that had helped me develop my magic. I thanked the spirits for their assistance and carefully packed the old, musty books into my bag.

 I thanked the spirits for their assistance and carefully packed the old, musty books into my bag

(his outfit)

I stepped outside where the butler was already waiting for me. He scrutinized me closely, and I attempted to feign a coughing fit. Without uttering a word, he set off, and I followed him closely. Together, we approached the magnificent entrance hall where my family and the knight from the previous night were waiting for me. My father smiled at me and began speaking with a kind voice, "My son, I know this comes as a surprise to you, but in order to continue living among us, you must complete a small task. Wouldn't you do that for us, your family?" His words had the tone as if he were speaking to a small child. I looked at them, keeping my expression impassive.