Requests 33

Ironic Pains

MEDICAL DISCUSSION SOMEWHAT

ALWAYS ASSUME THERE IS SWEARING

PASSING OUT WARNING

ARRARARAR SIBLINGS

Plot: Wilbur doesn't know how to tell the ones he loves he is expiring (Requested by iwriteunhappyendings)

~~~~~~~~~~

It was ironic. How Wilbur could sometimes be the loudest in the room but never speak for himself. He worked full time at a café nearby. Unlike his older brother who was the prodigy of literature and mythology, Wilbur lacked practically any special talent.

His youngest brother, Tommy, was still in high school, but the kid had ways ahead of himself. Wilbur felt stuck, trapped, on loop. He knew there was something wrong with him since he was 15. But he had never brought it up because of how he thought it was nothing bad.

Maybe he should have said something or spoken up. But he didn't, and there were consequences he would have to face. The advantage of living at home meant he didn't have to worry about the greater financial problems. He would drive to work in the morning and come back home.

No worries to be had. Go to work, spend 10 or so hours of his day there and come home and go to bed. Repeat. Tonight, Wilbur had finished up a late shift, closing at 10pm and getting home closer to 11pm. He assumed everyone was asleep or in bed, due to the silence that greeted him.

Wilbur grabbed just an apple, not all too hungry. He ate it with haste, his body aching and just wanting to get to bed. By the time he had finished his substitute dinner he turned the lights off and went to go upstairs.

He was taken back by the sudden unsteadiness in his body, pausing on some of the first steps, shaking his head as dizziness set in. He continued slowly up the stairs, his chest starting to hurt and his breaths becoming fast and strained. This was weird.

He didn't have much more time to think of what was going on as Wilbur's body shut down and he collapsed onto the stairs, struggling to get deep breaths into his body without excruciating pain shivering down his body. It wasn't his worry anymore as his consciousness faded away.

Wilbur felt groggy and fatigued as he strained to open his eyes. His head was buzzing, and the world seemed so bright. He tried and failed to pull his hand up over his eyes, his body weighed down by the fatigue.

"Wilbur?" a voice reached his ears and Wilbur blinked his eyes towards the noise. He found the concerned eyes of his older brother, Techno. Wilbur hummed and tried to sit up, feeling embarrassed his brother was here.

"Woah, take it easy," Techno pushed his shoulders back onto the stairs, brushing the hair out of Wilbur's face. "You passed out?" Techno awkwardly examined his brother. "You okay?" Wilbur nodded weakly, exhaling a deep breath.

As much as Wilbur didn't want to bother his brother, it was inevitable as Techno gently helped Wilbur into a sitting position, arms wrapped around his shoulders to keep him stable. "You don't look good," Wilbur rolled his eyes at such remark and tried to push away from Techno.

Techno ignored his attempts, muttering something and pulling Wilbur closer to his chest. It was a little comforting to be somewhat hugged, but Wilbur wouldn't admit that out loud. Wilbur watched Techno, confused as the eldest pulled his phone out and started typing something he couldn't read.

Spontaneous pain flashed through Wilbur's body, and he groaned. Techno asked what was wrong, but his voice seemed so far away. Wilbur struggled to get air into his lungs, and everything was going fuzzy again.