Touch the Sky

Third Person P.O.V

13 years later...

A snowy mountain landscape glistens in the sun as a slight breeze flows and a young man's voice speaks.

Some say our destiny is tied to the land...

It changes to a nice Autumn forest scene, following along a river.

... As much as we are of it.

It fades and changes, showing tall standing rocks with odd designs on them.

Others say fate is woven together like a cloth. So that one's destiny intertwines with many others.

...

The scene turns into a dark forest, showing eight tall standing stones forming a circle.

It's the one thing we search for or fight to change. Some never find it.

...

The scene follows along a great ocean before showing a magnificent kingdom. It was a bit small, but was sturdy.

...

But there are some... who are led.

Fergus bursts out of a pile of soldiers, laughing as he easily beats them.

The story of how my father lost his leg to the demon bear Mor'du became a legend.

A man strikes Fergus' wooden leg, making Fergus look down and back up at the man with a wild look of fury. He growls and throws him into a pile of weapons, the man screaming.

...

A maid walks along the halls with a small smile, and it fades as a dessert is seemingly plucked from no where.

I became a brother. To three new others.

Another dessert is stolen, making her gasp and try to dodge him.

The wee princes. Hamish, Hubert, and Harris.

The plate is swiped from her and replaced with a flower pot, making her gasp and race after the red haired boy.

Wee devils, more like. Not even I was as bad as them when I was their age.

Three brothers with the same fiery red hair as their older brother catapult themselves in the air, landing in a pile of hay and high-fiving one another.

...

They'd get away with murder! I can never get away with anything!

The doors open, revealing a tall 17 year old boy with bright curly red hair, chomping an apple with a sheepish look when he notices the doors open while blinking rapidly.

I'm the eldest Prince. Next in line for the throne.

He sees his best friend (Y/N) standing next to his throne stifling a snort, making his cheeks heat up with embarrassment as she watches him with amusement, shaking her head.

You've already met my best friend, (Y/N). She's been living with us for years now. Her... parents died at sea when they was returning to our lands to get her when she was visiting for my birthday.

(Y/N) looks at Elinor and back to Merrick, putting on a smile and pointing to it, urging him to do the same as she tilts her head towards Elinor.

She spends her days here at the castle with us, having her own tasks and duties as... basically... a maid. I told her she didn't have to, but she insisted on doing something to contribute. Stubborn is what she is. Beautiful and stubborn.