Fate Be Changed

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"Where are these wisps?" Merrick huffs, walking around the familiar Stonehenge circle. "Come out, wisps!"

"Here, wisps! Can you please help us?" I call, receiving no reply. "But honestly, would they lead to the same place again?"

Merrick shrugs, "lead me to the witch's cottage!" He yells, sighing. "We're here!"

He stomps his foot in annoyance, approaching me and Elinor.

Elinor had been silently watching us in mild annoyance, probably not believing what we said about the wisps.

Merrick grunts, "fine. Don't come out now that my mum's watching."

I snicker slightly, but Elinor whines in annoyance.

"I was standing right here! Then the wisps led me to (Y/N) before leading us back here, then a whole trail of them led us off into the forest!" Merrick explains again, adjusting his black hood he grabbed when I wasn't watching.

Elinor holds her paw up in a condescending manner, before padding off in the direction Merrick pointed.

Merrick scoffs and huffs, joining my side.

"Oh, does she think we're just going to happen upon the witch's cottage?" He says to himself sarcastically, adjusting his bow in an angry jerked motion.

"Come on," I sigh, grabbing his wrist and leading him after Elinor.

I release him after a few steps, and we walk side by side, me not noticing he was slowly trying to intertwine our fingers. I feel a tug on my hand, and only then was when I realized he had indeed locked our fingers together.

I look back at him in confusion as he looks around, "I know this place."

Elinor looks back at us, her gaze flickering towards our hands. I try to let go of him, but he refuses to release my hand, holding it tighter as he glances around.

"The witch's cottage..." Merrick trails off, gasping as he locks on a direction. "Is this way! Come on!"

He practically drags me behind him as he runs through the woods, pushing through bushes and branches with his free hand and making sure I was securely behind him with his other.

We burst through the bushes into a small clearing, and I sigh in relief and smile when I spot the familiar cottage.

"I can't believe it," I laugh, gaining Merrick's attention. "You actually found it!"

"No," Merrick smiles, bringing my hand up slightly to show off our intertwined hands, "we found it."

I blush lightly and clear my throat, looking away from his as overwhelming shyness comes over me.

He chuckles lightly before leading me towards the door, and I notice Elinor acting strange, like how Angus did before.

Merrick slams the door open, letting go of my hand as confusion takes over his features

"What's wrong?" I question, trying to look over his shoulder.

He shifts to let me see, and my eyes narrow in confusion.

"What? Empty?" I mumble, seeing her shop completely gone, her along with the items.

"No... She was here..." Merrick says in disbelief, looking towards Elinor.

Elinor scoffs, "no, really. She was just here, my Lady!" I explain, making her look towards the sky in an exasperating eye roll.

"Oh, wait!" Merrick shuts the door, walking away and snapping.