Bear in the Castle

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I swiftly emerge from my bedroom, wearing my causal outfit I had stored away. I figured it would work better and be more convenient on escaping.

Merrick  had gone to change too, and I rushed to his bedroom where Elinor was patiently waiting, although looking a tad concerned. She sees me and whines in acknowledgment, making me courtesy back as she adjusts her crown on her head.

Merrick finally emerges, wearing a dark navy blue cotton shirt with light tan pants, and he was carrying two bows.

His eyes run over my outfit for a moment before handing me my bow along with a quiver of arrows, sliding his own bow over his shoulder with his quiver. It was different from his original one, making me a bit saddened when I recall it had been burned.

We all remain silent, waiting the Triplet's signal.

...

Third Person P.O.V

A thunderous 'roar' echoes through the castle halls, making Fergus pause.

"Did you hear that--"

"Shush!" He hisses, listening.

...

Hubert lets out another yell into a kitchen pot, making it echo and mimic a bear roar, before smiling and nodding to Harris, signaling him to start.

Hubert yells again as Harris raises the roasted frog-on-a-stick towards the light, and it perfectly resembles a bear to the hunting men.

"There it goes!" Fergus bellows when he noticed the 'bear', and the men and him quickly race towards the hall it was seen in.

Fergus slams Macintosh into the wall as he leads the men to the bear, pausing and gasping when the bear was seen now above them.

Fergus yells and starts running, prompting the men to do the same.

They burst through the hall, pointing and all yelling when the bear was seen somewhere else now.

Fergus leads the men up the stairs, spotting the bear.

"There it goes!" Fergus yells, and the men all throw their weapons at the bear, missing.

...

Harris holds Hubert up as they mock the bear, quickly disappearing into the floor as the men approach.

...

Fergus skids to a stop, looking around in confusion as the men's yelling all dies down.

...

Meanwhile, (Y/N), Merrick, and Elinor all gasp as Hamish lets out a string of bird whistles, clapping on his face after.

Merrick quickly grabs Elinor's paw, dragging her behind him as they try to swiftly escape the castle.

He lets go of her and urges her to go faster, rushing behind Hamish as (Y/N) trails behind Elinor, watching their back.

(Y/N) cringes as Elinor runs into a hanging picture, resulting in it falling and Elinor desperately trying to catch it, resulting in her bumping and knocking over a table along with a a large banner.

...

Meanwhile with the two boys and aggravated men, they argue among each other in confusion.

"Maybe we should lay some traps!"

"Try shutting yers!" Fergus snaps in reply.

Harris and Hubert carefully cross the hall under a small hollow bench before releasing their 'bear'.