Chapter Seven

It's been a week or so, and Andrei and I finally moved out of Jaccob's house and into our separate living spaces.

Today, Andrei asked me if I wanted to come to the Hurricanes' first full practice, then we could hang out at his place and do whatever we wanted there. Of course I said yes.

While Andrei was still living with my brother, I went over to help Andrei toss his ex-girlfriend's belongings in a nearby dumpster so he wouldn't have to worry about them anymore. Jaccob didn't necessarily agree with Andrei bringing me over to his house to get rid of the items, but he shrugged it off.

As far as Andrei and I know, we're still in a relationship that the two of us only know. Which was perfect, I hate being in the middle of drama or the spotlight. Which ideally isn't the best for an introvert like me to be dating a professional athlete, but it's a change. Just like me moving from Colorado to North Carolina, and so far I've loved every bit of it. Mostly because of Andrei, but even if I wasn't dating Andrei I still would enjoy living here.

I pulled into the driveway to Andrei's house, which was a modern farmhouse-esque house with muted colors. His black Lexus was parked outside, most likely being the vehicle were going to be taking to the Hurricanes' practice arena.

Andrei came outside in a red Hurricanes shirt and black Nike shorts, being barefoot. He was leaning against the door, acting like he was waiting for me to show up to his house.

I got out of my car, and I was pretty strategic about what I was wearing: his sweatshirt he had given me on the first day we met, along with a pair of black shorts. I was also in socks and sandals. I chose to be comfortable today, not stylish. Especially since I wasn't sure how long the practice was gonna be.

Andrei smiled as I locked my car while walking over to his porch. "You didn't get lost this time," he chuckled, hinting at the first time I had been to his house to help him toss out Elena's stuff. I accidentally turned onto the next road over, and then it just spiraled downhill from there.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up," I ordered with a smirk on my face as I walked up the three steps to his porch and walked along the wooden boards to greet my boyfriend at the door.

We hugged, then Andrei gave me a kiss on my head. "I got something in the kitchen for you," he said as we let go of the hug.

"No, Andrei," I responded with a frown on my face. "Why?"

He looked at me in confusion as we entered his huge house, and he shut the door behind me. "Are you not a fan of presents?" he asked.

I shook my head. "No, I am, I'm just saying why did you get me a present? I don't need anything right now," I assured him, but he continued to smile and shake his head.

"Well, too bad," Andrei said as he led me to the kitchen to hand me a black gift bag.

I held the somewhat heavy bag in my hands. "But Andrei—"

"Open the damn present you goof," he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. "Someone's mad," I giggled as I took the black and red tissue paper out of the bag and pulled out the first item in the bag.

I unfolded the item of clothing, and it was the red alternate Carolina Hurricanes jersey displaying the primary logo in the front and...Andrei's last name and number on the back.

My heart dropped in affection as I read Svechnikov and the number thirty-seven below it.

I smiled, then I hugged Andrei in thankfulness and affection. "Thank you so much," I muttered into his shoulder, then he started to rub my back up and down before I separated myself from the hug.