Chapter Twenty

It's been a long, painful two days since Wednesday. Nonetheless, I've been feeling a lot better since then. Perhaps it's the fentanyl the doctors gave me.

Jaccob and Andrei practically have been in my room the entire time they've arrived at the hospital I was being treated at, and the two swapped nights so each of them could sleep with me to make sure I was okay. I also got to meet my parents yesterday, and they brought me flowers and a "get well soon" balloon for their sympathies. Of course, Andrei had to get me something, which was a cute little penguin with a heart.

I was scheduled to stay one more night and get discharged from the hospital in the afternoon. My legs were fully functional, despite them being littered in dark blue and purple bruises and deep red cuts, plus being extremely sore.

Starting in two weeks, I would have to go to physical therapy once a week to restore a full, healthy function to my legs and back. It might be difficult with one working hand, but my therapist will make it work.

At the current moment, it was just Andrei and I while Jaccob went to grab a pizza from down the street.

I slowly got up, being careful to not trigger any harmed nerves and muscles, and started to hobble over to the bathroom. I haven't taken a shower during the entirety of my stay here, and I didn't want to wait another day otherwise I would smell like a dumpster you would find in Denver.

"Andrei, can you come help me shower? It's difficult to wash my hair with one hand," I said, pointing to my arm inside of the sling.

He glanced up from his magazine he was looking at, then nodded his head. "Yeah, konechno," he said.

I groaned, even though I knew what he said. It just irritated the shit out of me every time he spoke Russian to me.

"Thanks," I said, then he got up and jogged over to the bathroom and opened the door for me.

We entered the bathroom and he began to undress me. It wasn't awkward at all, considering he's seen me naked plenty of times. Besides, we weren't having sex, he was just helping me shower because one of my hands was currently not functional.

"I think you've got to take the sling off, devochka," he said with a giggle. "I can't take off your shirt,"

I groaned, then took my sling off. It felt different, but nothing too painful.

He giggled again as he slipped off my shirt and gently set it on the vanity.

His eyes darted to my breasts cupped in my laced bra, then he started to take my sweatpants off, which actually were Andrei's that he brought on his road trip. Same with the shirt, as it was just a training shirt with his last name on the back.

I bent my knees and brought my legs up so my feet could get out of the pant legs.

I smirked. "Time for the hard part," I said, just to be an asshole like I normally am with Andrei.

He rolled his eyes, reflecting my smirk. "Oh, shut your mouth," he ordered, then unclipped my bra from the back and slipped it off of my arms, then tossed it to where the shirt and pants were laid.

He bit his lip, then took a deep breath before grasping his hands on the sides of my underwear and pulling them down my legs.

While I turned on the shower, Andrei grabbed the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash bottles, including a cute red loofa and set them on the vanity.

He took his shirt off, then his shorts, then finally his boxers. One benefit of helping your crippled girlfriend in the shower was that you also got clean, and I hope Andrei saw that benefit.