|Chapter 38| The Breaking Point

Hey guys here's another update. Do like share and comment, please...
***

Shiza's POV (Edited)

One month had gone passed. Kulsoom khala's sudden demise took a very big toll on me. I couldn't fathom anything. I was just a lifeless body trying to work past through life. I have zero intention of coping up.

But Shah Zain never left my side. He was always there taking care of me. He was there in my lowest times and gave me hope and strength. He would stay up with me the whole night when I would face a horrible nightmare.

He never once complaint about his lack of sleep. Although, one could clearly see the big eye bags under his eyes.

His mother and Zarnish often tried asking him about it. He would always made an excuse of work. He was doing it all for me. He knows that I don't want anyone to know about my condition. I don't want to face the pitying. I hate it!

He obliged my request and since then he had been the only one to know about my real condition. I had shown everyone that I had overcome my grief. But it's just a lie. I would never be able to cope up from it. I will need years to settle down to the truth that my khala had left this world.

She will never be coming back. She will not be there at the house waiting for me to come and meet them. I will never see her smiling face or the way her eyes lit up when she saw me coming to meet her. I would never be able to rest my head on her lap and listen to her reciting Quran.

I would never be able to hear her sweet voice. I would never be able to eat the tasty food made by her hands. She left but her memories are here to stay with us for eternity. I would never forget her motherly touch to me. She was my mother and father. Without her I wouldn't have survived the cruelties of this world.

She acted like a shield to me, protecting me from the lies, hurt and betrayals of the world. She made me strong enough to face them too.

So from now on, no one can belittle me. I will not tolerate any bad words towards myself or my family members. That once innocent, silent Shiza is gone. The Innocence is gone now. Now, I will fight for my rights and my respect.

My khala raised me to fight not hide in a corner. If someone will have any problem with me than they'll have to say it to my face directly. I will clear their misunderstanding. No one had the right to disrespect me or belittle me anywhere. I'm a human and have a certain breaking point.

That breaking point is crossed now. Now, they will face a new Shiza. I'm tired of listening to them insulting me. I have remained quiet because I don't want any of them to humiliate my khala because of me. But now, she was gone. I have no one except Bisma. I will protect her with my all might and I will fight. I will not be let down easily now. I will counter back.

I will not back down now...

****

I was setting the bed-sheet when my phone went off. As I checked the caller, a small smile made its way on my lips. I answered the phone before greeting

"Asalamualikum!"

His smooth voice reached my ears soon enough

"Walailkum asalam. What were you doing?"

I sighed before answering

"Nothing just setting the bed-sheet."

He hummed in response before asking subtly

"So, how's everyone?"

I know the subtle hint in his voice. He wasn't asking about the usual stuff rather he was asking if anything happens out of ordinary. Well, so far nothing has happened so I answered him positively