12.Celebrity Problems

Callum's POV

"Are you Okay?" I asked my mate once we were all settled in the car.

"Yeah." She replied.

"You did very well back there. Am sure you've taught your Dad a good lesson." I said and she smiled.

"Thank you." She said.

"Talia, in just thirty minutes, the news of your failed engagement circulated through all the news stations in LA. This is a big problem." Skylar said.

"I'm going to have to talk with Solomon. I'm sure he's very mad." Natalia said with a sigh.

"Who's Solomon?" I asked and they both looked at me like I had grown two heads.

"How can you not know Solomon and you're my fan?" Natalia asked and I shrugged.

"Well he's the director of my company." Natalia said and I nodded.

"Don't worry Talia, he'll definitely understand after you explain to him." Skylar said and Natalia nodded.

It was quiet for sometime before Natalia spoke up.

"By the way Cal, thanks for been there today."

"You're welcome. Though I didn't really do much." I replied and she smiled.

"Still. You been there gave me a lot more courage. Thanks." She said.

"Hmm. But, what did you mean when you told your Dad I was someone very special?" I asked smiling teasingly at her.

"What? Uh nothing! I just said that to irk my Dad!" She said a bit rushed. She's definitely lying about something.

"Okay then." I said deciding to play along. I smiled and turned to look out the window.

********
"So you thought that was the best resolve?" I internally sighed at this dick head of a director.

We've been in his office for over twenty minutes now with Natalia and Skylar trying to soothe him.

Couldn't he understand simple logic? How many times must they have to explain? Ugh humans.

"You heard her clearly. She had to do what she did and I totally agree with her. Would you rather have her get married to someone she doesn't love?" I asked irritated.

"And who might you be?" The man Solomon asked, stretching over his computer to have a better look at me.

I readjusted myself on the sofa I was sitting on and cleared my throat.

"About time. I've been in here for more than twenty minutes yet you didn't acknowledge my presence. Anyway, am Callum Miller. Alpha of- nevermind."

"Uh.....okay. anyway what are you doing here? How do you know Natalia?" He asked eying me.

"He's just a close friend." Natalia said.

"I see. Anyway back to the issue on ground. How do we silence the media now that the beans been spilled?" Solomon said and scratched the bridge of his nose, his round glasses slightly pushing up.

He was a fairly attractive man, looked no older than 40.

"Don't worry Sir, I'll take care of the media. And I was thinking we could maybe have a press conference so Talia can give the public a much deserved explanation." Skylar said.

"Hmm. That would do. We would hold a press conference tomorrow. You all can leave now." Solomon said and we all left.

"So Talia, get ready for the conference tomorrow." Skylar said on our way outside the building.

"Yeah." Natalia replied.

"You can go home now Mr Miller. You've helped us a lot yesterday and today. We're really grateful." Skylar said turning to me.

"I'm happy to help. You don't need to thank me." I said smiling.

I bid them goodbye and walked towards my car. On the way back to my pack house, I recalled the events of yesterday.

How my mate almost got engaged but managed to end it.

I was glad she was able to put her father in his place. Today I had nothing doing so I accompanied her to her company to see Solomon.

I knew Skylar was getting suspicious of me because of how close I was getting with Natalia. I couldn't help it though, she was my mate and I needed to be beside her.

I really wished I could take her with me to my pack. I really wanted to make her mine forever but I knew I needed time.

Natalia's Pov

I leaned further into the couch I was sitting on and draped the fluffy blanket over me.

Skylar sat beside me and turned on the TV. She placed a huge bowl of popcorn between us.

"Your fans have gone haywire." She said.

"Say no more." I sulked.

"In a good way that is." She said munching on popcorn. She turned to me and continued.

"Have you seen the comments on that video lately?"

"No, haven't touched my phone today."

"Well girl, you have the most supportive fandom I would say. They are all lashing at your father and the Gantzler's. I heard the media payed his company a little visit today." I grinned at her words.

My father was getting what he deserved. What could be better than that? All I needed now was to do that press conference and clear the air as they were still misconceptions about the whole matter.

**************
Hey guys, sorry for the really late update. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Didn't mean to make it this short but I got the major writer's block. Love you guys ❤️