20. Misunderstanding

Callum's Pov

I couldn't believe my ears after hearing what my mate said. Asher couldn't have cheated on Angeline right? He told me himself.

*Flashback*

'Why do you want to reject her?' Callum asked Asher. Asher sighed and paused for a bit before speaking up.

'At first after I found out Angeline was my mate, I was super excited because I always had a crush on her since we were kids but then I didn't tell her because I wanted her to find out herself. So I waited four years for her. Those were the four most torturous years of my life. After she found out I was her mate on the morning of her birthday, she was flustered and angry at me at first but then she later forgave me for not telling her. We decided not to tell anyone until her birthday party that night but then she started acting weird. It was like she didn't want us to tell anyone anymore. At first I thought she might still be overwhelmed by that discovery, so I stayed put and didn't tell anyone. But then she started ignoring me and acting cod towards me.

I felt hurt and asked if I had wronged her but she wouldn't even give me a chance to talk. I've been bearing with that for two months now, Alpha and I can't anymore. It's why I'm going to reject her.' Asher said.

'I know it's not in my place to interfere in your decisions but I think you two should talk it out. What do you say, after dinner?' Callum asked.

'Yeah that would be fine I guess.'

*End of Flashback*

From what Asher told me earlier today, it makes sense that Angeline must have started hating him because he cheated on her. Then does that mean he actually cheated on her?

He looked confused and conflicted right now and Mom looked just as confused.

"Callum, this is all a misunderstanding. I have no idea what Natalia is talking about." He said.

I was about to reply him when I heard Natalia's scream.

All four of us looked at each other before sprinting upstairs.

I barged into Angeline's room and saw Natalia by the balcony railing holding onto Angeline who was dangling from the other side of the railing.

My eyes widened and Asher, Caleb and I rushed to them. We successfully pulled Angeline to our side and I didn't even have time to talk to her as Asher wrapped her in his arms.

Mom started crying and so was Angeline and Asher.

"I'm sorry, so sorry for whatever I did. But was it bad enough to make you want to kill yourself? If I hurt you so much, you should have tried killing me instead!" Asher said between sobs.

"I'm.. I'm sorry." Angeline squeaked.

I decided to leave them alone to talk so I signalled for Caleb and Natalia to come outside and led Mom who was still crying out.

I sat her on the sofa in the living room and gave her a hug while she cried into my arms.

"I didn't know she was going through all that. I always thought the reason for the sudden feud between them was something irrelevant so I never really pressed on the matter but it turns out..." Mom said and burst into more tears.

"It's alright Mom, it's a good thing we were there to save her on time. Look at the bright side, they are both resolving their issues now, so don't worry. It's gonna be alright." I said reassuring both her and myself.

We all stayed in the living room for a while in silence while waiting for Asher and Angeline to come downstairs.

When they finally did, they looked alright which was a relief.

"I'm sorry you guys for that stunt I pulled." Angeline said and Mom sprang up and hugged her.

"Never do that ever again!" She yelled and Angeline nodded.

"So did you two make up?" Caleb asked.

"Yeah." They both replied simultaneously.

"That's good." Mom said then Natalia joined in their hug.

#&#&#&#&#&#&#&

"I was scared back there." My mate said. We were cuddling on the bed while talking about today's events.

It was funny how my mate was now the one cuddling with me after she made up that silly no touching rule.

"Yeah me too, but I'm glad they made up." I replied.

"So Asher wasn't actually cheating on her right?" She asked me.

"Of course he wasn't. Keira was the one who kissed him and Angeline are just happened to meet them in that position. Any other girl would think he was cheating on her." I said.

"Yeah, what happened to Keira anyway?"

"She was our classmate back in highschool. She had a long time crush on me and when she saw I wouldn't give in, she went to Asher who also damned her." I said and she nodded.

I caressed her face as she leaned further into my touch.

"Where's she now?" She asked.

"I don't know, after she couldn't get to Asher either, she left the pack probably out of shame." I said.

"What about her family?"

"Her mother died when she was born and her died still lives here. He was very ashamed of her and her slutty ways so I guess it didn't affect him much after she left."

"Hmm okay. I'm just glad those two resolved their issues. I guess Angeline should have confronted him about it long ago instead of just being angry at him." Natalia said.

"I guess so too." I replied.

For a while we just stayed quiet in each other's arms.

Then I got a sudden urge.

"Baby?" I called.

"Yes?" She replied looking up at me.

"I want to mark you." I said. She blinked at me and I kissed those pouty pinks lips.

She blushed a little and I kissed her forehead this time.

"Can I?" I asked huskily.

"Ye...yes."

†††††††††††††††

Hey lovelies!!!

I'm sad to announce that this will be my last update in a month's time as I have very important exams to prepare for😪

1k+ reads, picture me doing my happy dance🤩

Pls keep voting and drop ur comments anytime. Just press the star button at the end of every chapter.

I Love you all bye👋💜