𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 21

♫ And when you walk this road alone
Feelin' sorry, feelin' low
It's no one's fault besides your own ♫

Carlos Sainz POV

He was pissing me off. He spent the whole night looking at her. I caught him following her to the bathroom and he quickly gave up. When it ended I went outside to catch some air. Most people had left and I needed this.

"Everything's alright?" I hear Sofia's voice ask as she got closer.

"I'm sorry for bringing you here. It was way too much way too soon. This was a stupid idea but my mom was insisting that it would be fine" I say regretting my decision.

"I liked it. I'm fine. I just really want to go home and everyone is waiting for you so when you are ready just go inside" She says turning around.

"I am ready, let's go" I say getting up from the bench and following her inside. 

"I will go with Carlos" She says as everyone prepared to leave and they nod before saying our goodbyes.

"Why?" I ask with some positive confusion.

"Can I go with you?"

"I wouldn't leave you here mi vida" I chuckle as I say it and go to open her door but she doesn't get in.

"I want to go home, with you. Our home" She says seriously and I am in complete shock.

"Are you kidding me? Is this a joke?" I ask surprisedly and she nods with some fear in her eyes.

"Why? Am I not welcome?" She asks taking a step back to watch my face and I smile.

"You are more than welcome, I was just not expecting that. I don't deserve it, I don't deserve to be forgiven this easily or this fast" I am honest with my words, I know I am no longer worthy of all she has to give me.

"Take me home Carlos. It doesn't mean I've forgiven you. I just need somewhere where I feel safe and at home" She says getting in the car. I close the door and I smile while circling the car so I could get in. 

I got home, opened the gate, and parked in the garage. We got out in silence and she was just looking around. Nothing had changed. All the pictures were in the same places, she looked at them with a small smile, a sad one. I understood the feeling. We looked happy, we were happy and now this is us. I failed, badly. I would never be able to recover from what I've done, I know it. If being here will make her feel better so be it. I will make anything happen if it will make her feel even slightly better.

"Wel, if you want you can keep the house. The security system is updated, I got all the cameras out, and everything is basically where it was. I can move out if the house makes you feel safer and at home" I say as we entered the living room.

"That's not what I meant. This house makes me feel at home. You make me feel safe, it would end the whole point if you move out. Miguel saw me today and I saw him, I am pretty sure he will be banging on my apartment's door tonight so I will stay here and tomorrow I will leave" She says turning around to face me.

"I failed to keep you safe. I should've been more careful back then. There are a lot of things where I failed, keeping you safe was the main one" The guilt fills me as the words leave my mouth and she smiles.

"The past is the past. Nobody could've kept me safe that day. He knew what he was doing. I am going to sleep in the guest bedroom" She says as she headed for the stairs.

"The main bedroom is available. I've not been sleeping there since I've been back" I blurt out and she stops turning to me once again with clear confusion on her face.

"Why?" Is all she asks.

"Too many memories. I haven't been able to go in there for the last months but you can go ahead" I say heading to the stairs.

"I will go get a change of clothes" She says entering the room. 

I heard as she turned the shower on. I took a quick shower, put my sleeping shorts on, and went downstairs. She appears a few minutes later with her hair between wet and dry.

"I am going outside for some hair" She says pointing to the backyard.

"I will be here. It's your house too, you don't need to inform me" I say letting out a laugh and she laughs too.

"I wish that was true" She says before leaving to the backyard. 

I sat down on the couch and scrolled through my phone. I was drinking some alcohol because I needed to stop overthinking everything. My brain has been overworking for the past 3 months since I discovered what really happened. I was closing my eyes when I hear Sofia's voice so I get up startled.

"CARLOS" She calls once again. I run outside and she was just there seating in one of the exterior couches.

"What?" I ask looking around concerned and confused.

"Come here" She says looking at the place beside her and I confusedly obey her.

"I thought something had happened" I say feeling some relieved. She was too relaxed to be feeling threatened. I lean back on the couch and she rests her head on my shoulder.

"He is watching us" She whispers calmly and I tense at the thought of him still having cameras here.

"What?" 

"Look" She says showing me her phone. He had sent her a text saying she looked fuckable in the oversized shirt she chose. 

"Fucking asshole" I put down the phone feeling the anger taking over me. I knew the angle, and I would take that shit out myself. I was going to get up when she sits on my lap facing me and I am now not even breathing properly from having her so close to me.

"Do I look fuckable in your shirt?" She asks dangerously close. I look at her up and down and try not to think of what could be under it, but it was too late.

"You do" I answer truthfully and she smiles.

"Yeah, your body answered quicker than your mouth did" She says chuckling and I nod.

"Let me turn that shit off" I say looking at the camera who pointed at us.

"Mi tesoro. Let's do this my way" She says paralysing me with the words, the tone. Everything.

Her hand goes to the back of my head and I feel her lips slowly touching mine. My arm circled her waist and pulled her closer. I felt whole for the first time in 5 years and a half. I felt like myself. Nothing crossed my mind besides the woman in my arms right now.