1| The Nation's Playboy

Published on 8th July 2023.
__________________________

The first chapter's here guys!
Go ahead.
What are y'all waiting for?

Don't forget to do inline comments.
They're easier and I love reading them.

And baby, I'll be movin' on
And I think you should be somethin'
I don't wanna hold back, maybe you should know that

- S H L O K -

I hate that!

From his voice on the call, I could sense that he was in full mood to lecture me. I know I'm a grown up who has already completed his third decade on Earth, but I dreaded my dad's scoldings with all my heart.

He is scary.

From the time I've turned twenty five, maa doesn't save me from his wrath either. It's more like they've teamed up against me.

"Good afternoon sir." I heard voices greeting me as I walked in the wing which belonged to dad but the anxiety of what was about to happen didn't allow me to smile back. I shook my head and took slow steps when the door of his room came in my view, as if it was going save me in any way.

My hand palmed the door knob and the next thing I saw was dad's angry face as he was about to take another bite of his favourite besan ke laddu.

Wrong timing dude!

"Dad..." My lips twitched up in a smile to lure him to my side and lessen my punishment, if any. He wiped his hands with towel and leaned back on his chair. I knew where this was going.

"Have a seat."

Instead of pulling the chair to my side as I usually do, I walked to it and sat with my back straight. I didn't want to take any chance of disrespecting him. "Y... you called me here, dad. Is everything alright?"

Without stretching the matter further, he turned to a pile of papers on his table and pulled a newspaper out. Unlike what a normal human would do, he threw the paper to me and I caught it before it could touch the floor.

Ofcourse, he's not a normal human.

For he's my dad.

But he should atleast care for his only son.

"Can you please read the headline on top right of second page?" He said calmly and I knew this was calm before the storm. I sighed before nodding and held the newspaper straight. My gaze went down to the first word of headline and then went up to see expression of dad. He had no worry on his face, literally no worry! Whereas I had a totally different case.

'Shlok Shah - The Nation's Playboy'

Wow!

I wonder how I never knew about it but they do.

"Dad, this isn't the truth." I looked at him and he closed his eyes.

"Not even the picture. I can see how you're clinging onto that girl." His eyelids crawled up and all I could see was anger. Cold anger!

I wasn't clinging onto her, that God-knows-who-girl was. But dad won't see any bad in others. For him, I'm the only devil in this world.

"Dad, I was just helping her out."

I went to club last night with my friends for a birthday bash. Maa had a fast which banned our entire family from drinking and eating stuff, hence I was the only one sober among my friends. A girl, out of a sudden walked to me and asked me to drop her home.