2| Her Life

Published on 10th July 2023.
__________________________

As you know, the old comments are gone. I request you to kindly drop your comments filled with love on the first chapter so that we don't miss the old ones.

Before we begin, I've been inactive for a long time becuz of personal reasons. But here we go about everything that has happened:

• Passed school with good grades; maintaing the record of last year. Yup, first position. Why tf am I flexing like Divya? 😭

• Celebrated my birthday with exams, books & metro.

• Finished with all my entrances. Waiting for results. Just praying I get my dream college 🙏

Main hoon tera, aur tu hai meri,
Yun hi rahein hum, yeh chahat bhi hai.
Phir dil ke dil se, pul kyu toote hain,
Kyun hum jeene se itne roothe hain.

- A K R I T I -

"Mumma, done!"

My eyes opened wide as I heard Adit's shrill voice. I was trying to get a short nap while he pooped but unexpectedly he finished his business earlier. "Coming." With heavy heart I threw the covers away and rushed to bathroom. "When will you stop calling me and learn to clean yourself?"

He sat on the toilet seat without any expression and I wasted no time in washing him clean before he could go out and run.

When it comes to playing this child of mine feels nothing, neither heat nor cold!

"Mumma?"

"Yes?"

"I told yo... you table of two yesterday."

"I know."

I made him stand on the high-leveled stool, put his hand under the tap and turned water on. "You told me..."

"What did I tell you?"

"Chocolate!" This boy never forgets a thing. Yesterday, I asked him to learn the table of two in return of his favourite chocolate. He did it and said the entire table when we were about to sleep. I thought that he'll forget it by morning but his memory is too strong.

Shit!

"Uhm... Brush your teeth first." He wobbled his head up and down and I handed him his toothbrush. Squeezing paste on my brush, I put it in my mouth and heard him making sounds as he moved his head vigorously instead of moving his brush. "You crazy guy! Show me your teeth." With my brush resting in my mouth, I got hold of his' and helped him in cleaning his teeth.

"Mumma, my chocolate?"

"Wear your socks, gloves and cap first. It's too cold." He made a grumpy face and followed me as I walked out of the bathroom. Drying his hand with towel, I put them in front of the room heater and made him wear his gloves and sock. I pulled out a monkey cap from the cupboard and put it on his head.

"I look good?"

Well, monkey cap is no fashion.

But my son looks too cute in it.

"You look handsome."

"Sacchi?" (Really?)

Thank God he forgot about the chocolates after looking at himself in the mirror. He loves his own sight and could stare in the mirror for hours. Ofcourse, he has my genes!