3| Good Old Days

Published on 26th October 2023.
______________________________

I know, it's been a pretty long time. I've been inactive for months due to personal reasons. And I'm not even sure about the next update becuz of how fucked up my life is right now. But we'll talk about that later. Here we go about everything that has happened:

• Got into my dream college, it's nothing as expected. The hectic work culture is too much for a child like me 😭

• Cleared my foundations with aggregate of 200. I seriously had no plans to pass this, I was all ready to fill the next exam form, but here we are.

Pehle kabhi maine socha nahi tha
Teri tarah koyi dekha nahi tha
Yu toh na thi aisi bechainiya
Paya tujhe tera hone main laga

Let's dive into the old days.
:)

"We'll see." Seventeen year old Akriti beamed with joy. She was sure her team would take the trophy today. She had no other thoughts. No doubts.

"We'll see." Yash smirked as he passed the torch to her. She was special to him, he knew, but he had a firm view over the competition. In games, he had no companion. It was just he and his team, no one else.

They ran together with the other house captains to the sports captain to hand him the torch. The sports meet started in no time and captains were in full force to make their house to the top.

Akriti cheered her participants as they played their best in all the games. She was with them all the time, catering to all their needs, just like a mother would do. She just needed her housemates to perform to their best potential, no matter whatever it took.

The first day of meet went well and the second day was on the verge of ending. The scoreboard was clearly in favour of Yash's team, which made him assured of the win.

Meanwhile Akriti didn't have the heart to see the scoreboard after what she saw yesterday. Her house was already on the third position and she knew there was almost no hope. Still, she wanted to try. A new day brought new ray of hope for her.

"It's okay, even if you lose. I'm here to console you." Yash smiled while standing beside Akriti, and she rolled her eyes at him.

There was no way she could let someone else win when she was there.

He passed his towel to her and put his swimming goggles on. "Wish me luck." Akriti's eyebrows drew together as she looked at him with confusion. Damn! He tricked her again. She put his towel on the floor which made him look her her.

"My teammates need me more than you." She passed him a fake smile and ran to her kids. In some moments the swimming competition finished too, Yash emerging as the winner and Akriti's house member with the second position. Akriti passed him a thumbs up and he winked at her in response which made her blush.

"Your guy is a mermaid, or what?" Akriti's friend Sonali settled her chin on her friend's shoulder blade and mumbled.

"I guess you're right. I'm happy for him. But scared about the final result. I don't want our house to lose. Everyone got high expectations from us."

"We are not losing. I got a hunch, we'll win today." It was a plus point for Akriti. Her friend and she shared the same colour shirt, which meant she got more moral support.

The last match was of volleyball. Akriti had no strength to check the scoreboard. It was other do or die. She walked to the teammates, where they were having their discussion.

"Everything good guys?" All the kids nodded and she sighed. Those kids were from ninth and tenth. She knew a few of them, her herself being in eleventh. "Perform your best and remember, you are a team. Understood?" They replied in unison which made her heartbeat calmer. "If you need anything, I'm right here. Okay? All the best guys." She showed them a thumbs up with both her hands and stepped back from the ground.