Chapter 2

Mary-Kate's POV:

I start my morning with my daily routine; wake up at 5:30am, go for a run along the beach, get back by 6:20am (at the latest), make myself a nutritious fruit smoothie, have a shower, get dressed and do some my skincare, then make breakfast for everyone by 7:30am. This morning was a slightly earlier start and run as I was feeling excited for one of The Row's fashions shows later this evening. It is not the first show Ashley and I are putting one, nor is it even close to being new to us, but they always make me excited, yet nervous at the same time, to show our friends, family, people we know, and just generally everybody, our work. Especially with how much effort and hard work we put in to it because we love what we do. 

As I was already with breakfast currently cooking, I decided to wake everyone up so that we could eat together and chat before we all had to run off to our very busy, and different lives. As I knocked on my mom's door, she opened it immediately, hair a mess and a robe wrapped tight around her. "I smell bacon", she commented, pushing past me and making her way downstairs to the kitchen. Mom loves her food, especially breakfasts, and crispy bacon with syrup is her favourite. And she has never been a morning person, so I wasn't surprised when she bolted past me to the kitchen, still half asleep. 

I then make my way to my twin's room. I knock a couple times until I hear her throw her alarm clock at the door. I walk inside, surprised at this reaction. I see her curled up in her duvet in a ball, her Elmo stuffed toy on her pillow next to her. When Y/N turned 16, mom threw one of the biggest birthday parties for her, inviting the whole year from school, plus her swim team and friends from the boxing club (Y/N was always the sporty type. Academically not always there, but an amazing footballer and boxer back in the day. Now she only boxes, but not as often as she once used to). At the party, Ashley caught her boyfriend at the time, cheating on her with her best friend, so she ran to the bathroom crying. She opened the door on Y/N who was using the toilet and she began crying even more and apologising profusely, but Y/N didn't care. She talked to Ash about what happened and assured her that her boyfriend was just a class clown and that that was his entire personality and when he graduated (if he even managed to), the only job he'd be able to find is as a clown for kids birthdays because the only thing he could do was make immature kids laugh. It certainly made Ash feel better and so Y/N snuck them out of her own party and took Ash to an arcade on the beach where she won an Elmo stuffed toy which she gave to Ash.

I go over and sit on her bed next to the cocooned Ashley. "Breakfast is ready", I said softly, shaking her slightly. I think she takes after mom as she's also not really a morning person. I seriously don't want to be punched in the face for waking her up, so I remind her that we have our fashion show tonight. "Another reason to stay in bed. One if our models dropped out yesterday and we needed her, so the show's going to suck", she mumbled. I lifted the duvet off her face so I could see her. "Ash don't worry; we'll find someone, I promise! I made pancakes and bacon downstairs for breakfast if you want any? I'll deal with the show stuff" She sat up in bed almost immediately, staring at me. "Did you say pancakes?" I nodded then watched as she ran downstairs to the kitchen, her duvet still wrapped around her. I laughed to myself then made my way to Y/N's room. 

I knocked, but when I heard nothing from the other side, I opened the door slowly and looked in. Y/N was tall; like around 6"3, so when I saw a large body under the duvet, I knew it was her. However, when I woke her up and she removed the duvet to get up, I was not surprised one bit to see Elizabeth clinging to her waist. Lizzie was 5"6, so there was 9 inches difference between the two of them, whereas for me and Ash stood next to her, there was a whole 14 inches difference! Lizzie and Y/N have always been great friends, the best in fact, but I hate to admit that I think Lizzie has a bit of a crush on her, as I'm not sure whether or not Y/N would reciprocate those feelings for her if she told her she liked her. I push down those thoughts and ruffle Y/N's already messy hair as she peels Lizzie's arms from her waist and stands up, stretching as she does so, really emphasising the height difference between us. "I just want to let you know that I made breakfast, Y/N" She groaned in reply, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She makes a grunt, lazily pointing her finger towards the still sleeping Lizzie, then looks back at me, head slightly tilted with puppy dog eyes. "Yes, I will wake the lizard up. Get your cute butt downstairs", I laugh. Y/N smiles in shock. "You know you shouldn't say that MK! What happens if Miss Olsen hears?" "Who my mother?" Y/N begins laughing out loud hysterically. "Believe you me, your mother has heard far worse in this house. I was referring to my future wife, Miss Ashley Fuller Olsen" I roll my eyes, smiling at her silliness and playfulness. "Just get downstairs" "Yes, ma'am", she whisper-shouted, so as not to wake Lizzie, as she stood tall and straight and saluted me before walking out of her room.