Chapter 15

Y/N's POV:

My heart thumped in my throat as I sat in my black chair, looking out at the set, dressed in my Captain Marvel costume and playing with a ring in my hands. I desperately tried not to sweat as I urged myself to contemplate about anything else. Both my legs bounced as I manspread, sitting slumped in the chair, taking long and deep breaths in and out, waiting impatiently for someone, anyone, to say 'action'. Just to make sure all was okay, I did my breathing pattern: deep breath in 1...2...3...4...5...hold 1...2...3...4...5...and exhale 1...2...3...4...5...and repeat.

A hand on my shoulder brought me out of my trance, making me jump in my seat and turn my head around to be met with one of the Russo brothers. "You're on, Y/N. Scarlett's already on and waiting for you" Had I really been blanking out for that long? I hadn't even noticed Scarlett walk on to the set! I thanked him and walked over to her, receiving a pat on the back as I left. "Hey Scar" "Hey Y/N" We stood awkwardly for a second waiting for each other to say something to the other. "I'll miss you..." I scoffed with a small smile on my face. "You can't get rid of me that easily! You're invited to Beth's tonight for a small party-type thing" Scarlett smiled a wide smile, ecstatic at the invite. "Send me the deets and I'll be there, captain", she exclaimed, saluting me.

"Wait- You don't know about 'Captain Marvel: The Penultimate Fight'?"
"You have a new movie? Oh my God! Congratulations!"
"Well, I should be congratulating you also, considering you'll also be featuring a lot in it!"
"What!?"
"Yeah, well I mean who doesn't want to watch Captain Marvel and the Black Widow in a movie together fighting the bad guys in outer space as well as fighting for their love?"
"You're kidding! Seriously?"
"I mean even though it'll release after Endgame, it's set just after Civil War. So, it shows what our characters were doing after the Black Widow movie but during the Avenger's divorce period-"
"Y/N, stop rambling. We're going to be in another movie together? Oh my God this is amazing!"

Just as we were celebrating, one of the Russo brothers gave us our two-minute call time, before shouting two minutes later: "And in 3...2...1...Action!"

Scene:
"For the last five years I've been trying to do one thing: get to right here. That's all it's been about; bringing everybody back", Natasha argues, implying it's got to be her in return for the stupid orange stone or whatever its fucking colour is supposed to be. I chuckled with no emotion. "Oh, don't you get all decent on me now darling" She rolled her eyes at me. I rolled mine back at her. She rolled her eyes again at me. "What, you think I want to do it? I'm trying to save your life, you idiot" My eyes watered and I realised it was now or never to tell her. "Yeah, well, I don't want you to, because I... I can't let you" Oh, come on Carol! Just say it! "I don't care what you've done in past. I don't judge people on their worst mistakes", she said softly as she took my hand in hers, trying to reassure me it was going to be okay. "Maybe you should", I offered, shrugging my shoulders. She just shook her head, a small sad smile presented on her lips as she squeezed my hands. "You're a pain in my ass, you know that?", I whispered, both of us leaning our heads against each other. "Okay, you win", I sigh, letting Nat think for a moment that she has 'won', before I pushed her to the ground. Before beginning to run to the edge of the cliff, I said strongly: "I love you Natalia, more than you'll ever know, now, forever and always" Natasha returns the favour by tackling me to the ground and slapping my face whilst straddling me. "You say that before you're about to go and kill yourself!? You were going to leave me here with that!? You were going to leave me here without allowing me to ever be able to say it back!?" Natasha electrocuted me with her widow bites and kissed me sloppily, saying: "I love you more, Carol" She ran off towards the cliff as I got up, and I flew towards her, once again pushing her far back enough so that she couldn't stop me. "Not possible. Carry on with your life, save the world, find someone new, and live in the moment. I love you" "No. Please, no", she cried, her voice cracking slightly as I gave her a small soft sad smile. "It's okay, Natalia. It's okay" With that, I jumped off of the cliff, plummeting to my demise, hearing the screams of my love as I did so: "Please! NO!!"