Chapter 10

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wuxian!"

Hua Ying flinched, that was Lan Qiren shouting and breaking multiple rules.

"What did you do?" Lan Wangji asked, they were heading to the back hills. Wanting to visit their children.

Hua Ying avoided eye contact, a wary smile on his face. "Well....." He began. "I may have made his goatee disappear?" Hua Ying said raising his hand to the back of his head awaiting Lan Wangji's reaction.

Lan Wangji shook his head but let out a small smile. If anyone would ask him, he thinks his uncle would look much younger without his goatee than with. His uncle was younger than his father but Lan Qiren looked older than his older brother.

"Better not be seen by him anytime soon" Lan Wangji commented deliberately changing their route. "Hey, where are we going?" Hua Ying asked. Where they were going wasn't the way to the rabbits. "Father's old seclusion house" Lan Wangji replied, "they would look at the rabbits first"

Hua Ying nodded, completely trusting his Zhiji.

"Jiang-Gongzi!" They heard someone say "Nie-Gongzi be quiet". And Hua Ying knew who it was.

"Hide" Lan Wangji ordered and Hua Ying complied. He might know the two young master's but they didn't know him. Hua Ying jumped to a nearby tree, he was close enough to hear but far enough so he can't be seen. It was a free day, no classes. So the two young master's wouldn't be receiving punishments but what were they doing in the back hills.

"U-uh Lan-Er-Gongzi" Nie Huisang was the one who noticed Lan Wangji first and greeted with a bow, Jiang Cheng following suit and Lan Wangji greeted the both of them.

By further inspection, the two young master's were soaked.
"Did they discover Sect Leader's seclusion house?" Hua Ying mumbled to himself. If the two were to discover the house it would mean that Hua Ying can't go there now.

"Oh come on, I only have a few places where I can hide from the guest deciples and now they're taking up my favorite spots" Hua Ying was complaining, in the want to make some new friends he really didn't want himself to be discovered. For all he knows some guest deciples could be his uncle's or aunt's in disguise.

"Sorry if we were being too loud, it's just Jiang-Gongzi got some water stuck in his ear and is struggling to clear it" Nie Huisang explained their situation, giving a side eye to the purple clad boy who was knocking his head in a heap of clearing his hearing.

"The healers pavilion" Lan Wangji states before going his way, leaving the two guest deciples to their problem.

"Aiya, Lan Zhan you didn't have to be so cold towards them" Hua Yong said jumping down a random tree when they were far away from their unwanted guest.

"Mn" was all Lan Wangji said. And now they were going back to walking to their destination, but unfortunately fate had something else installed for them.

"Why are there so many deciples in the back mountains this day" Hua Ying mumbled and he hid in a tree again.

"Lan er gonzi" It was a woman's voice now, and it was sure suspicious that she was there. "Wen guniang" Lan Wangji greeted back. Wen Qing seemed anxious, but her facade of being self controlled was hiding it quite well. "Plead no mind, I was just taking a stroll" Wen Qing explained, but Lan Wangji knew that wasn't the case.

"Jiejie?" Another person arrived, and it so happen to be Wen Qionglin, or you all may know the sweet bean Wen Ning. "I'm here A'Ning" Wen Qing said before turning to Lan Wangji, "Please excuse me". With that she walked away to find her brother.

"Why are there so many deciples!" Hua Ying complaint. "Let's just go back to the Jingshi"

Lan Wangji didn't oppose the idea. All the exposure and talking to the other deciples tired his social battery.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------