Chapter 13

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lan Zhen knocked..... and knocked......... and knocked.

And knocked.

"Why won't they open up?" Lan Zhen was getting beautifully irritated that her second son wasn't opening the door for her.

"Mother..." Lan Xichen sweat dropped. His mother was banging on the door too fiercely, he was afraid that the poor door might break.

A few moments later, the door finally opened. By opened I mean having broken out of its latches, the doorframe broke and the poor door was now rattling against the ground.

"Oh I overdid it" Lan Zhen commented but goes straight in the house, leaving Lan Xichen alone to think of what to do about the broken door way.

"A'Huan you must see this" Lan Zhen let out a muffled squeal motioning for her son to hurry the way in.

Lan Xichen stood beside his mother and was certainly not surprised at what he saw, but he got to admit, the scene was cute.
Lan Wangji was laying on the bed while Hua Ying laid on him like a literal blanket.

'the bed and the blanket' Lan Xichen thought, he was amused at most but the tear streaks on Hua Ying's face had settled down his amusement.

"Let's leave them be for now mother"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Can you sense him gege?" Hua Cheng asked. The two were in their guest room, wanting to talk in private before searching the area.

"I don't, but someone we know is here. I just can't pinpoint who it is" Xie Lian grumbled. "Someone's hiding here, and I know it. But they're good at masking their energy"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't get to it..." The lantern they had held was flaming bright in the nights sky. Wen Qing looked back at her young brother who was still practicing archery. "Just a few more days..." she mumbled to herself. She forcefully berated  Wen Ning to stop what he was doing, ordering him to take a night's rest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jiang-Gongzi the exams are about to start and I'm afraid I'll fail them again" Nie Huisang whined following after the Yunmeng siblings. "A'Sang don't let your hopes down. You've been studying hard, I know you can do it" Jiang Yanli let out encouraging words as her brother just scoffed. A while later they departed from each other, with Jiang Yanli going back to the females side of cloud recesses. Jiang Cheng and Nie Huisang went to their guest rooms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Everybody must be asleep now right, Lan Zhan?" Hua Ying came to ask. The two of them were currently living in Lan Haoshi's old seclusion house, since Lan Zhen had accidentally broken the Jingshi's doors.

"Mn" Lan Wangji replied coming to sit down next to Hua Ying who was by the window. Hua Ying was quiet for a moment, absorbing his surroundings.

Hua Ying looked at Lan Wangji with a sorry look before saying. "My parents are here" he whispered.

Lan Wangji stilled when he heard the news. "Do they know you're here?" Lan Wangji eventually ask, clutching his fist as he waited for an answer.

"No, not yet anyway. If they did know I was here then they'd come straight to me" Hua Ying averted his gaze to the waterfall just a few metes away.

"Hua, that's my surname" Hua Ying suddenly said which surprised Lan Wangji.

"I'm Hua Ying, courtesy Hua Xianle. Son of the Heavenly Emperor Xie Lian, Tai Zi Dianxia and Crimson Rain Sought Flower, Hua Cheng."

It was shocking news for Lan Wangji. He had known Hua Ying's parents were Immortal but not a emperor or a city master. He didn't know what to say or what to do.

"I'm afraid if they found out my whereabouts then I'll not see you again A'Zhan"

"Let's end this, Lan Wangji"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intrusive thoughts won me on this chapter.