Chapter 19

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The door teleported them into a Manor. Mainly the Paradise Manor, it was all to familiar to Hua Ying. The faint golden hue covering every corner of the huge place, it had been so many years and Hua Ying missed every detail that he had left.

Lan Wangji tugged on his sleeve taking the young prince's mind off his lingering thoughts. Hua Ying turned to look at his Zhiji with a thankful gaze before he noticed the people staring at them.

He truly wished that he could stall the upcoming conversation but alas, the universe had other plans for him.

He had to face them, eventually. But now was not the time.

With a cough from Hua Ying Zhengyi ran and carried Hua Ying and Lan Wangji away from the others, flying through hallway after hallway until they got outside.

Lan Wangji was surprised to say at least, but his surprise quickly went away. Seeing the star of the outside.

'this must be ghost city' Lan Wangji thought, a stern gaze analyzing the city. It was giving off a somewhat gloomy atmosphere, but that was to be expected from a city full of resentment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lan Xichen was growing somewhat irritated. He was getting left in the dark, with no way of getting information.

And now, his brother and soon to be brother in law had left him, alone, with a ghost king and a god from what he knew.

Not to mention the said ghost king was staring at him like he had violated his daughters purity.

The god was exceptional though, he was somewhat calm and clearly didn't fix the blame to anyone.

"Do you know of any of this?" Now there came the question, and the ghost king said it with such I'll intent that Lan Xichen was having a hard time keeping his composure in check.

"No" was Lan Xichen's simple reply a calm smile plastered on his face.

The ghost king 'tched' before turning his head to his husband. "Gege..." Hua Cheng whispered getting the gods attention.

Xie Lian snapped out of his worried thoughts, looking at the taller with a thankful gaze.

"I'll assign someone to escort you to a guest room while we wait for them to get back" Xie Lian stated, and with a snap of a finger a servant appeared.

"Thank you, your highness" Lan Xichen bowed, showing gratitude to the kind host.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay chapters are getting short, I know. But please bear with it, I'm getting back to the spirit of writing this book.