1- 𝙒𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙢𝙚𝙩 𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙮𝙥𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙬𝙖𝙮

Emma
narritive + imessage + insta

I HAD A COUPLE DAYS OF FREEDOM TO SETTLE INTO MY NEW APARTMENT and to get to know the girls as much as I could in such little time. Then here came summer workouts which everyone always said they were optional but in fact are not. I found that out the hard way.

My family hasn't tried to talk to me since I left. They really haven't talked to me since I told them I was considering entering the transfer portal besides Ricky. He was extremely happy hearing I was transferring to UConn of all places. My parents on the other hand, furious, especially my father. My little siblings didn't care all that much expect that I would be away from home but I knew they were keeping them from talking to me.

Trying to "teach me a lesson" or something by giving me the silent treatment, thinking if they give the cold shoulder long enough I'll break and come back home. That's just not how this works.

So I know it's going to be hard to prove I belong here, even if it's the last thing I do.

My days were pretty boring to start off though, I didn't do much but go to practice and FaceTime Jake before bed. Paige always made the effort to at least invite me if they all wanted to go out so I appreciated that. I just wasnt in the mood to party really.

Da Fam

Emma
Just landed in Storrs, it's so beautiful here. Wish you guys could be here <3
thurs. 3:22pm

I just met the whole team! Everyone's super nice, especially Nika when I told her that her sister and I are besties. Hope y'all are good at home, love you. <3
fri. 11:55am

Summer workouts are kickin my ass, I didn't realize how hard these girls work even on the off season haha, miss you guys a lot <3
tues. 6:45pm

Nika's been showing me more of her and Hana's croation culture, she made me the most amazing dish yesterday, I need to make it for you guys when I come home for holidays. Let me know how yall are doing, love n miss you <3
wed. 9:30am

hey just found out we're playing ball state this season for the first time ever, isn't that funny?please call me or something , I miss you guys so much <3
now

I stared at the long string of text messages with no response. I'd be lying if i said it didnt hurt even just a little bit. Some part of me can't help but blame myself though. If I would've just stayed home I could have everybody, but now I'm just alone..

I was taken out of my thoughts by a knock at the door. I sigh, peeling myself off of the couch to answer it. Opening the door to a few of the girls dressed up. My eyes trail the familiar brunette up and down. I couldn't help but think how good she looked in the black dress siting perfectly on her shoulders.

"Damn. You're all fine as fuck." I smirk, leaning against the doorframe.

Paige chuckles, "Cmon get ready you're coming with, and you can not say no."

I groaned, letting them in, "Ignore all the boxes I haven't finished unpacking yet."

Most of them taking a seat on my couch, tuning into the Indiana Fever game I had playing. "I don't think I even have anything to wear out." I lied. I definitely did I was just trying to make an excuse.