6- 𝙄 𝙎𝙏𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙄 𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙈𝙄𝙎𝙀

Emma
narrative + iMessage

Da Fam

Momma 😻
tell your boyfriend to quit calling all of us, we don't want apart of your problems.

I stared at the text message with guilt. I didn't mean to bring them into this. I guess it's time to finally stop running from the situation.

But seriously? Now she texts me?

I hover over his contact for a minute, second guessing myself. You got to do this Emma, you can't run forever.

I held the phone up to my ear listening to it ring back to back. It rang about three to four times before I heard it pick up.

"Hello," His deep voice rang, clearly out of breath.

"You busy?" I ask, pacing back and forth in my kitchen.

He cleared his throat, shuffling around on the other side of the line, "what's up? you good?"

"I just-" I stop for a moment, trying to find the right words.

"I just don't think this is working."

"Em, what are you talking about?" I cringe at the nickname, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"Look, I know Jacob." I sighed.

"Know what? And why are you callin me that? You never call me that baby." His voice staying calm.

"I know about you and Madelyn."

There was a moment of silence before complete laughter on the other end. "You think I fucked her? Bae you're crazy."

"I'm not a fucking idiot Jacob. Your dumbass butt dialed me when you were fucking her, so you wanna lie again?" I raised my voice, getting pissed.

"Em, just calm down."

"Stop calling me that. Calm down? How would you feel if you found out the man you thought you would marry cheated on you with one of your close friends?" I feel myself getting worked up again, I just take a deep breath before continuing to listen to his bullshit.

"Look I'm not here to argue you with you, or go back and forth. I'm done, I'm simply just done. I hope she was worth it Jacob." I say going to press the end call but stopping myself.

"And for your information I haven't talked to any guy besides JDs gay ass since you think I'm a such an unfaithful slut like you." I add, abruptly hanging up on him before he could get another word in.

I take a deep breath, running my fingers through my hair. It's over.

Almost nine months together and it's just over like that.

There was an unexpected hard knock on my door making me jump. I walk over, wiping my eyes and face, looking through the peep hole.

Just Nika and JD fighting like children as always. I chuckle to myself, unlocking the door and opening it.

"Hey Emm- oh girl what happened?" JD softens after taking a quick look at me.

The two helped themselves in as I left the door open for them. "I finally got the balls to break up with him." A big sigh of relief escapes my mouth.

They both take a seat on the bar stools across from the bar, genuinely listening.

"Oh yeah? How did that go?" The brunette spoke.

I sighed, "I mean only how you can imagine, he tried to lie about it and I called him out. Then he told me to calm down which pissed me off even more."

"Number 1 of girl code is don't tell her to calm down. Even I know that come on." JD shakes his head.

"Right. Most of what came out of his mouth was bullshit and I wasn't hearing it so I cut it short, but I already know he's going to send some shitty ass apology like he always does." I roll my eyes.

ding

"There it is." I laughed .

Jacob
Look I'm sorry, I guess what I did was shitty but I didn't mean to to hurt you Emmy. I mean we're 4 life, we always have been. She didn't mean anything, if I couldn't handle the distance I should've just told you. Please don't do this Emma, please don't give up on us.

Me
You did this to yourself J. You're the one who gave up on us a long time ago. Now delete my number and delete whatever else you need to, to move on because this is it.

Jacob
Emma please let's just talk about this
message not sent

Jacob
Emma... baby
message not sent

"You did the right thing Em," Nika comforted softly, her hand rubbing my back.

"Then why does it hurt so bad?" I ask, choking back tears.

She pulls me in closer to her, giving me a shoulder to cry on, "Making the right decision isn't always easy love, and sometimes you don't think it's the right decision in the moment but give yourself some time to heal and you'll be like why was I crying over this slag?"

I sniffled, "Yeah you're right."

"I always am." She smirked.

"Don't push it Muhl." I buried my head into the crook of her neck.

A small chuckle escapes her lips, continuing to rub my back and hold me.

"Stop. I'm crying this is so cute." I hear JD say, sounding like he was actually gonna cry.

"I'll leave y'all alone though, Hunter keeps spam calling me wondering where I am. I love you Em, you got this." He said kissing my head and heading out of my apartment.

She held me there until I fell asleep on her. I didn't remember anything after that, but I woke up in my bed, the peaceful brunette sleeping beside me.

A/n
How we feeling? Nika secretly in love but comforting her >>

Wish me luck today y'all I have my firefighter climb with our parents watching and I'm so scared of heights 😂