2- 𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣, 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙥𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚

Emma
narrative + insta

TODAY WAS DAY 4 OF WORKOUTS. TO SAY I WAS STRUGGLING would be a definite understatement. All these girls did from 7am to 4pm was work work and work. No wonder UConn has gone to the final four the last 14 years.

We started every morning with a 2 mile run outside; rain or shine. Then we'd spend about 2 hours in the weight room, followed by about 4 hours on and off the court.

Being at Ball State, we didn't do half of that even in regular season. I'm not saying I was expecting it to be easy. I definitely didn't come here thinking that. I just wasn't really ready for the mental challenge with it I guess.

Geno had us running defensive plays most of today to help with blocking more shots because in his words, "seems like paige and aaliyah are the only ones would could do it consistantly."

I was switching between guarding Nika and KK. It was easy to guard her because we were almost the same size, me only being 5'7 it was very
difficult trying to guard Nika, who's 5'11.

It felt pointless as she drives through me going at the basket, causing me to fall back from my stance. She smirks at me as she makes the basket, holding her hand out for me to grab. I take it, her pulling me back up to my feet.

"Run it again!" Geno yells, throwing down his clipboard of papers.

Did he really expect me to block that? I was taking the charge before I was blocking that shot. I take my position back in front of Nika, making my attempt to guard her again, keeping her closer this time.

Paige goes for the clear shot, I try boxing the brunette out, my arms swinging back to put up more space, causing a loud groan to come to the girl behind me.

I turn around to her holding her nose, groaning in pain as she touches it. Coach's whistle starts going crazy, Geno walking over to us. I don't think I've ever been this scared.

"Vaughn. What the fuck was that?" He screamed in my face.

"I- I didn't mean to, I'm sorry." I choked.

"It's okay Coach I'm fine." Nika musters up, wiping the blood coming from her nose.

"No it's not fine. I don't know where you learned that but we sure as hell don't do that shit here. I don't know how they do it there but clean up this act or you'll be out of here quicker than you got here.."

"Yes coach." I muttered out, embarrassed.

"I'm sorry what was that?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yes coach." I answered louder.

He sighed, "You need a break, so take Nika to pt. Don't kill her on your way there." He chuckled, I can't tell if he was kidding at this point.

We walked out of the gym and took the really long hallway down to the pt's office. "I'm so so so sorry." I mumbled, shaking my head.

"It's okay Vaughn. I'm not dead, and you didn't do it on purpose. Unless.." She raises an eyebrow.

"I swear it was." I panicked, a smile creeping on her face.

We walked in silence for a moment, I could tell many thoughts were forming in her head. Her nose not seeming to bleed anymore which is good.

"Let me take you out Saturday." She finally said.

"Huh?" I looked at her crazy, she couldn't be doing what I think she's doing, especially after I elbowed her in the face.

"Saturday, me n you."

I stop where I was as she continues to go until she's realized I stopped, "Are you asking me out on a date Muhl?"

"It can be whatever you want it to be Vaughn." A smirk creeping back onto her face.

"I have a boyfriend." I blurted out. I mean shit for her I don't. No I'm kidding I swear; I'm not a cheater.

"Well let me take you out on a not date then. I just wanna get to know you more and shit." She said honestly.

"Do you take all the newbies on "not dates?"

"You're lucky enough to be the first." She says flashing that same perfect smile.

emvaughn added to their story!

A/n shorter chapter this time I'm falling asleep writing this lol but I promised