3- 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙬𝙚'𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙖 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧

Emma
narrative

I STILL HAVEN'T HAD ANY CONTACT FROM BACK HOME BESIDES HANA. Jake is clearly ignoring me for whatever this time. He's probably back on his period again. His parents have reached out to me a couple of times asking how I am, I love them more than anything. Surely better parents than my own.

I notice my phone ringing, and pull it out of my back pocket. It's Jake, finally.

"Hey-" I managed to get out before being interrupted by certain voices, and noises.

"Fuck.. Jake." I recognized that voice clear as day. Madelyn Bischoff. Out of all people, my old teammate really.

I continue to listen, holding my phone up to my ear, wiping the tears falling from my eyes.

"You can't tell anyone about this. I can't have Emma finding out." I heard him say.

"To hell with Emma, who knows how many guys she fucked up there already? Just break up with her already."

"It's not that easy you know.."

I couldn't listen to it any longer, hanging it up and throwing my phone down. Why? Why does all this shit have to happen to me?

I cried to myself for a while. Not knowing what else to do, I called the only person I knew would pick up.

Nika

"Hello?" I said groggily, just waking up from a power nap after today's practice.

I heard soft sniffles come from the other side, looking back at the contact name. "Emma? Everything okay?" I yawn.

"I didn't wake you did I?" She asked, sounding concerned.

"No what's up?" I sigh.

"Can you come over? Like right now? I-" Before she can even finish I cut her off, "I'm on my way." jumping from my bed to put my shoes on, fumbling around my apartment, grabbing all my stuff.

"Where are you going?" Paige asked, her and Azzi cuddling on the couch watching a movie.

"Emma's, I'll be back soon." Not giving them any time to make a remark.

I walk up to her apartment door, reading the familiar 444 on her door. I knock, standing back waiting for her to answer.

The door slowly opens soon after, revealing the shorter blonde, red puffy eyed, yet she still looks so cute. Poor baby.

"You came.." She choked out.

"You called.." I say, softly smiling. "Of course I did."

She pulled me inside, hugging me so tight nearly squeezing me to death "Here lets get comfortable at least." I offered, laying down next to her on the couch.

"You wanna tell me why you're crying now?" I asked softly, wiping the tears falling from her eyes with my thumb.

She sighed deeply, holding onto the hand I used to wipe away her tears. "It's about Jake."