Chapter 29

"I will be going on a business trip this morning," Devin informed me while he took out what looked like his expensive pen and also took out paperwork.

"Umm.. Okay. Is that all you wanted to tell me."

He started to scribble on the sheets and without looking up from the papers he said, " No. As you know my brother took my spot when I was away as your substitute fiance."

"Yeah I kinda figured that out after the apartment indecent and when you told me at dinner."

"Well now my brother wants to fix a couple of issues he's having with the whole thing. You see he was the one at the marriage ceremony and he also was the one who signed the legal documents but he signed my signature. Don't ask how I got him to do all of that because it's a long story."

"Trust me I've got time." I made myself comfortable in the chair I was sitting on and looked at him.

"A very long story that I don't feel like telling at the moment."

I hated it when people did that. They got you making up scenarios of what might have happened since they didn't want to tell you themselves. Now I wouldn't be able to stop thinking of what this long story might contain.

"What are these issues he wants to fix?" If he wasn't going to tell me the story the least he could do was answer that simple question.

"Just things he does not seem fit."

"Which are....." I pressed him to go on. I was not going to let him leave me hanging with curiosity about two subjects.

"Daniel thinks it is not fit that I am your husband when he was the one who actually married you."

"So he wants to win things over so that he can be my husband? Why?"

"He thinks that you would feel more comfortable in his environment than mine. But of course he will have a hard time winning things over, as you say." He finally put down his pen and looked over in my direction. His eyes looked tired and his face was emotionless. I wonder what his thoughts were on this whole subject. What did he feel? Would he be happy if his brother won and I went with him? Are you really asking yourself that question Samantha, of course he would be happy, he would be loosing a bothersome fake wife.

"Why will he have a hard time?" I felt like I was little again asking many many questions. That's all my answers where consisting of.

"The contract our fathers signed is still present saying both first borns are to marry, not a second born and I was born before Daniel, even if by just a mere number of minutes."

Ah curse those mere minutes for making me be stuck with him. I actually thought getting into this whole mess at the beginning was not going to be hard since the person I though Devin was didn't seem like a bad person, but that was when I though I knew who my fiance was. I bonded with the brother and not the real one. I wonder why Devin left me in the hands of his brother.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked as I finally came to a conclusion that this whole thing was a blob that needed to be cleaned out.

He nodded his head in response.

"I'm quite confused still on a couple of things."

"What are they?"

"Okay. Who did I go to dinner with on the first night we were suppose to meet again. I know you explained this to me already but it's foggy up here." I pointed to my head.

"You went to dinner with me."

"Who was the one that helped me pack up when your parents came."

"The day after that I was already on my jet, so Daniel."

"And so all that time after that it was him?"

"Yes. Up until the honeymoon that is."

"The fog is starting to clear up but it's still there." I was trying to process the information more thoroughly this time then the last. "Where did you go?"

"Abroad." He simply answered. Well that totally helps things clear up....not.

"At the restaurant why did you fume up and go to your brother's place?"

"He took advantage of-" he paused to rethink his sentence."Melody. Yes, he took full advantage of the fact that he could pretend to be me and slept with her."

Sounded reasonable enough.

"Where did your parents think Daniel was at while you where away?"

"I took Daniel's place in Europe." YES! And my mechanism still works. I was able to pry his where abouts when gone. Well kind of.

"So you went to Europe?" A victory smirk formed on my lips as I looked at him. He looked lost on thoughts for a moment before realizing he had stilled part of the beans.

"Yes." His answer was straight and curt. "Now it's getting late, you should head up to your room." Who did he think he was to tell me what to do? Your husband. A little voice in my head said. Man can self consciences be such smart mouths at times.

I stood up and made my way to the door. Before opening it up though I turned over to Devin who was fixing up his desk.

"That's quite a garden you've got going on by the way." With those words out and about I opened the door and headed up stairs to my room.

A/N

I want to thank a commenter for inspiring this chapter. Thank you crystalde001 for commenting the great idea that Daniel should fight for Samantha since he did sign the legal documents.

So I started noticing that some of you were getting confused and I'm sorry about that it was my fault for not explaining well. I hope this chapter cleared things up though.

Now if you have any ideas you can comment them and I will use them further in the story. I feel this story is just starting so it won't be finished anytime soon. Hope that's good news.

I hope your having a wonderful day.

Bye (:

P.S  I have put a cast for this story so check it out.