Chapter 42

I placed the black sun hat with a black ribbon around it. Rosa had picked out my outfit, saying the one I had previously picked out was not decent for a polo match of high attendance. I patted my black floor length maxi dress and then fumbled once again with the hat. It was bothering the heck out of me.

I put on some black sandles and was finally ready to head out. All the black I was wearing was going to consume all of the heat outside. How great.

"Going to a funeral?" Sidney asked when I was descending the stairs. I had invited her to come along since she was my rock and at a time like this, I didn't feel like shattering at a public event.

"Going to a wedding?" I retorted back. Sidney was wearing a white halter dress that reached right above her thigh. She also put on a hat, only it was white and no ribbon surrounded it.

"Not mine," she muttered.

"Don't fret. I can sense I will be attending your wedding sooner."

"Do you have the honor of knowing who this lucky man is going to be? I noticed none of the ones I have been with could handle this," she said as she indicated both her thumbs to her chest.

I laughed and she just gave me a cheeky smile, making her cheeks look fuller.

"Where's this husband of yours? We have thirty minutes to get there or we will be late." Sidney said, checking her iPhone.

I could only shrug my shoulders. I hadn't seen him since yesterday. He had a special visit from Melody, who oddly left earlier than I thought and happened to be in a mood as one of the maids said.

Devin probably kicked her out or just didn't want to see her. Maybe I judge too fast by her appearance and he really changed. I don't know.

"As we wait, let's talk about that trip to Spain you paid for. When is it scheduled for?" It slipped my mind that I ever bought that but now having Sidney mention it, I groaned as the memory of paying one million dollars came rolling in. I made Devin pay for my mistake, and I bet in the near future he would come knocking on my door asking for a favor since he'd done one for me.

"I don't know. I'll have to talk about Mrs. Williamson about that."

"Good thing they're going to the match today. You can ask her then." I nodded and we talked, until Devin finally decided to show up a couple of minutes later.

"Ready to go?" He asked us both and we nodded in agreement. To my utter and most surprise, Devin looped his arm around my waist and led me outside. His action made Sidney raise one of her perfectly done eyebrows in our direction, and a look that told me we had things to talk about later.

~

The sun casted upon my skin when I stepped out of the car. Devin was waiting for me to so he could take my arm and loop his with mine. Sidney came out after me being escorted by the driver. She stood at my other side and we started to walk toward the tents set up for the families to sit under. The match was at the Taylor's Manor, a very respected family in Miami.

Devin pulled me closer to him as we reached the groups of people chatting about. This is where I have to start my act. The one where I fake love to Devin. The one that makes people think we are just another happily married couple. The one where I fake my life to others. Where I live a lie.

"Mr. and Mrs. Maker, what a delight to have you here! Miss Sidney Alcott, you look beautiful as do you Samantha," Amanda Taylor said when she spotted us. She smiled, making her look younger then she was. She was in her late forties, but she looked nothing like it. My mother said she had botox many times, but maybe that was just my mother being jealous that someone could look that good at that age.

We all greeted her back with a smile of our own.

"Sidney, are you still single? I have been looking for a suitable young lady for him," Mrs. Taylor looked over to a panicking Sidney.

This was her reason for never coming to the Taylor's. There would always be someone trying to set her up with Felix Taylor. He was Amanda's middle son who was twenty-four years old. He was a decent guy, but Sidney and I had found out a secret of his when we were still in high school. We found out Felix would never be interested in Sideny since he wasn't interested in girls in general.

"He's playing today. Come, let's go see him before he has to play." Mrs. Taylor reached for Sidney's hand and dragged her away.

"I'm going to get something to drink. Do you want anything?" Devin asked. I shook my head and he left. I was left all alone not knowing who to talk to.

"Look who we have here. Hola, Samantha." I turned around at the sound of a familiar Spanish accent. Pablo walked over to me and stuck his hand out. I gave him my hand thinking he was going to shake it but instead, he brought it up to his lips and kissed my knuckles.

"Hello, Pablo."

"Where's that esposo of yours?" Pablo asked.

"I will say I did take Spanish in high school but I forgot a lot since then," I said giving him an innocent smile.

He gave me a throat filled chuckle and repeated himself, only this time talking in all English. "Where's that husband of yours?"

"Oh... Devin went to get a drink."

"Why would he leave his beautiful wife to the prying eyes of some men here?"

"Like yourself?" I asked with a small smirk.

"No, I don't go for the married type. Unless, that is, if they want me as much as I want them."

"Are you saying you've been with married women? What did their husbands have to say?"

"That's the thing they didn't know." Pablo sent me back a smirk of his own.

"Why are you confessing all of your sins to me, Pablo?" I asked, wanting to know why he would tell me such things about himself.

"I don't know. You just have this aura that makes me want to tell you my whole life story."

I laughed at his confession. He stayed talking to me for the remaining of the time while I waited for Devin. He was a charmer and very good with his words.

A/N

I start school soon -.- but I am hoping that before that time comes around I can update a lot and maybe finish the story. I feel it is about to end soon. Don't worry though that means a couple more chapters, I'm not done just yet.

Picture of Sideny to the side :)

Please vot and comment.

Bye:)