Chapter 47

Devin's POV

I didn't know anymore. I didn't know what to do, what to feel, and what to see Samantha as. I couldn't just see her as the woman I had to marry in order to keep my company. I saw her as her. As the twenty-two-year-old who was still young at heart. Who had her heart broken already and was left to give up her daughter. I didn't want to be another person that let her down for my own selfish desires. She was a human who felt emotions. A girl who needed someone to be happy with and that wasn't me. I would ruin her even more.

All of this hit me when we had to finally leave Madrid. We spent an amazing time and all I was doing this for was my company. I couldn't keep lying to her. I had to let her go even if now I really didn't want to let her go. She was amazing and she deserved someone that would care for her and love her in every way possible. I couldn't do that. I wasn't capable of loving someone after my last failed relationship.

I took out my phone and scrolled through my contacts. I lingered my thumb on my father's number. I had to tell him what I decided to do. I bet he would understand why and still at least let me be a part of the company. I didn't want to lose all contact with it. Samantha walked into the bedroom before I could call him. She had a smile adoring her plump, pink lips.

"Hey, do you want to get some coffee before we have to leave?" She asked as she held onto the doorknob.

I cleared my throat and turned my cell phone off. Her soft complexion was looking at me and waiting for an answer. I walked over to her and placed my hand over hers, I closed the door to the bedroom and walked over to the bar in the kitchen.

"No, I'm fine." A bottle of whiskey laid on the shelf. I took it and placed it on the counter. Preparing myself a drink that I needed, I needed it to be able to get the guts to call my father and tell him everything. I wouldn't be able to do it in person because firstly, I was not ready for his threats. Secondly, I would be gone before I would get a chance to tell him everything.

"Devin, it's eight in the morning. It's too early to be drinking and whiskey at that!" Samantha took the shot glass from my hand and placed it away from me on the counter.

"I'm a grown man, Samantha. I'm pretty sure I could have a drink in the morning if I wanted to." I outstretched my arm and took the cup. I made sure to sip it slowly right in front of her. She scowled at me and shook her head.

"Since there's nothing else to do here, let's get going." Samantha took her luggage and walked out of the hotel door. She was right, there was nothing else left to do but leave. Our two weeks of time away had passed and it was time to go back to reality. Where I would have to say goodbye to her and let her live her own life. One that she truly deserves.

I took my luggage and followed Samantha.

~

"Father, when you hear this, I will be in London. There are some things involving one of our hotels there. I am not only going for work, but for a needed break. Things have been all over the place and I can't be in Miami when Samantha and I's marriage is annulled. Yes, Samantha asked for a divorce due to how I did not do as that contract stated and broke things stated on there. At first, I didn't want to give it to her due to my selfish thoughts and thinking only about the company and not her.

Father, I came to the conclusion that things in life never go as planned or wanted, but I don't want to ruin her future because I didn't let her leave. I want her to find love and that will not be possible with me. You know why. I need to know she will be happy if I let her go and that's the only thing allowing me to continue with this. I can't keep having both of us live a fake live to the public. I am going to give what she wants if that is what will make her content. I will leave her so she can live in peace and forget about me and how horrible our marriage was because it was forced upon the both of us.

When the news of our divorce hits Daniel's ears, I know he will go to her because he feels she is his. To be entirely honest, she never belonged to either of us. Tell him to let her be and let her decide what she wants. Forcing yourself on someone is not the answer, and trust me from firsthand experience.

Father, I do hope she finds love. As for me, I will spend time here in London. If you do decide to kick me out of the company, I guess that I will just learn the hard way. I don't know when I will be back, but I will advise you when that will happen. As for now I hope you take care. Goodbye."

I set my phone down on the empty seat next to me and looked out of the plain window. I left Samantha in Miami the previous day, and told her I would be away on business. I had also mentioned the divorce to her and told her to just send me the paperwork through mail. It was as if she forgot all about it when I mentioned it since she seemed surprised. I left our conversation at that. Telling her it was nice to have her be with me for the short period of time, and that any man would be lucky to have her. She wasn't as gleeful as I thought she would be, but all I kept on telling myself was that she was still a bit jet lagged.

I got comfortable in my seat and closed my eyes.

A/N

I changed the cover. I really like to tbh (:

This story is coming to an end and I do have to say I was getting a bit emotional writing this. Maybe it's because I am very very emotional cx

Please vote and comment.

Bye (: