Chapter 41

I took a step back from Asher, and looked at the person who had walked in on our little talk.

"I'm sorry if I intruded anything. Please, don't mind me. I will just wait inside for Samantha." They turned around and walked back toward the house.

I looked over at Asher and gave him a scowl.

"Well, someone looked mad," he mumbled.

"Really?" I asked sarcastically before leaving him, and went back inside in search of a certain red head.

I found her in the kitchen munching on some potato chips.

"Next time, I'll call when I'm coming over," she sighed out in between bites.

"We both know that will never happen," I said with a goofy smile.

"Now I surely will because I don't want to encounter that devil once more. What did he want anyway?" She asked as she licked her index finger and thumb. She stared at me with her dark forest like eyes.

"He said he's going to get Bella back with or without my help," I sighed.

Sidney chocked on her chip and stared at me with wide eyes. She debated on what to say for a moment.

"How the fuck is he going to do that? You gave her up for adoption. Not that it wouldn't be great to have her back because I for sure know I would be the godmother." She flipped her red hair off of her shoulder and continued her ramble. "And of course, Conner would be the godfather. I would spoil that child as if she were my own, only she's yours of course."

I still have no idea how we became the best of friends if we both could never stop talking. We would never give the other one a chance to talk.

"And when she's older, I will so take her to my mother's fashion shows like when we were little. How we would always be backstage looking at all the models get ready in their gorgeous clothes. By the way, we have to do that again. Keep the old tradition going. Oh and-"

"Sidney! Back to your previous question, Asher didn't sign any papers so he still has his legal rights as a father. That's how he's planning on winning the case in court."

"Oh..."

"He said I can get her back too, but-"

"No, Samantha! You always wanted to have her in your hands and care for her. She has always been your daughter in my eyes and still is. If Asher says you can get her back... Oh I can't believe I'm about to say this... Do it. Do what he says and fight for your daughter.

"Samantha, you know I have been with you through thick and thin and if this is another one of those moments you bet I will stand by your side through every moment. That's what sisters are for." She pulled me in for a bear hug and I hugged her back. I love this girl because it was her who gave me the strength I had today.

"You know what I want right now? A cheese burger from In & Out," Sidney mumbled into my hair. I giggled at her obsession with food. "Let's go I'll drive." She pulled away from the hug and dragged me out of the house.

~

When Sidney dropped me back at the house, Devin was waiting for me at the foot of the steps with a lazy grin on his face.

"Hey," he said as he folded his arms and leaned his elbow on the staircase railing.

"Hi."

"I've been waiting for you."

"Have you?"

"I called Bella's adoptive parents and arranged for a meeting. Tomorrow at ten in the morning we will be going to a polo match. They will be there along with Bella. What do you think?" He made plans for us to meet Bella? Why? Well, he did say he wanted to go with me when I went to meet her.

"I think that's a nice gesture from your part," I stated, earning a big grin from his part.

"Great." He left and went upstairs.

A polo match, great. I had gone to a couple when I was in high school to watch my older cousin play, but I wasn't fond of it and always got bored. I especially hated the big hats and girly dresses my mother would always put me in. It was torture for me in many ways, but I would go this time for the mere reason that I would be able to see Bella. She was now one years old and I bet she was as gorgeous as the day she was born.

I was about to go up to my room when the door bell rung. I walked over to the door and opened it.

"Samantha," Melody sneered in my face as she came inside. Not this again. She was going to come in my house without ny permission.

"Where's Devin?"

"Why should I tell you?" I asked and folded my arms.

"Ugh, I'm here to see him. Now if you will just move out of my way and let me go upstairs I would be happy, Mrs. Maker," she said my last name with such venom. There was no doubt she hated calling me that.

"Why are you here?"

"I'm here to see Devin."

Looks like Devin hadn't changed at all if he was still seeing her. I knew it was too good to be true. A person could never change overnight and Devin was proof of that.

I stepped out of Melody's way and let her have entrance to the steps. She gracefully climbed them and was soon gone.

Here I was thinking Devin was starting to be a different man. Too bad it was all in my imagination.

A/N

If you can tell I did change the cover of the story...again. What can I say I'm obsessed with making covers. Anyway I have to say I'm proud of myself for it. I think it looks great. What do you guys think?

So I updated pretty early in my book haha what about yours?

By the way picture of Asher to the side and may we all just take a moment to praise him....... Okay yeah aha.

Please vote and comment.

Bye (: