Materials

My eyes slowly opened, feeling the tingling light in the room, I slowly rose up on my feet.

The dust in the air, slowly moving in the sunlight.

I went to the bathroom and washed my face, I was starting to get used to this appearance and body.

I flashed a smile and posed before going to the kitchen.

I checked the fridge, and as expected it was empty.

I had brought some food items with me, but they won't last for long.

Thankfully, there was still cookware in the kitchen so I just needed ingredients.

I ate one of the sandwiches I packed for myself and drank some juice along with it.

I liked more gourmet food but, everyone has to start somewhere.

This house had a large basement and a small 2nd floor. Thus, I can build a nice workshop in the basement.

I then "borrowed" wifi from the neighboring house, good thing they had an easy password.

I then slowly descended towards the basement. It had a slight smell of water and was filled with a bunch of metal and random junk.

Other than that, the basement seemed nice. So, I started moving some of the junk outside.

One of the villagers noticed me. An old man who was slightly taller than average.

He asked if I was a relative of this house's owners and I replied, saying I bought the house from them. He seemed a bit shocked and asked a few more questions but ultimately left me be.

After cleaning the basement, I moved a few chairs and a desk there for future use.

Right now, the most important thing I needed was money. And lots of it at that.

Only with enough resources I could build a sufficient research area and production facility to rebuild and test tech from my old reality.

After moving all those items around, I was tired and sat on an empty sofa as I finished a glass of water.

I relaxed and started concentrating. If I wanted to be more powerful and finally someday bring my friends to this reality, I had to gain more abilities.

So, I started another MEDITATION attempt.

I concentrated, concentrated and concentrated. My head was starting to get hot. I could feel the back of my bead slowly corroding as the front started to freeze.

The pain wasn't as unbearable as before but I had to grit my teeth and endure.

After hours upon hours of standing still and enduring a constant feeling of having my skull corrode, I finally heard it.

*Ding!*

Some tear drops were coming from my eyes. Maybe from releasing the burden in my brain, maybe from achieving what I wished for.

I disliked pain, but I would endure the depths of hell until I achieved what I wanted.

After this second attempt, my brain had become somewhat numb. I could still feel the touch of hands on top of my head, but I couldn't feel the weight of my skull. It was as if my brain had become empty.

I knew it wasn't tough. All this burning sensation was probably my physical body trying to readjust itself into a vessel capable of using Psycasts.

After a few more attempts, I most likely won't feel any pain. I hope...

It was becoming night again, but I wanted to test my new psycast first. Unlike the first time, this time I could feel hundreds of different directions I could expand my power.